Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's style do you like?

• 02-03-2008 6:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

Seems to be when you ask any girl this question they all answer with Kate Moss.

Fair enough, she dresses well but kind of sick of the whole Kate Moss look now with everyone copying it.

Anyone admire any celeb fashion trends? Have to say I like what Nicole Richie wears now, lovely dresses, very classy.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,636 ✭✭✭✭fits

Chloe Sevigny. Shes really different and individual or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Papillon87

Uh, have never understood the Kate Moss appeal. Don't rate her as attractive at all. Not a big fan of her style either.

Really loving Rachel Bilson's wardrobe and I love Ashley Olsen's clothes too (the tamed down, reigned in version).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭SW81

Oh yeah Rachel Bilson, forgot about her. Love her style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

I dunno, i like so many different styles on different people and they would prolly all look crap on me.

Big fan of the retro look a la Ashley Olsen but also a big lover of sjp sense of style. So many out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Victoria Beckham

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I really like Scarlet Johansson's clothes. If only I had her money...

I like Lily Allen clothes and some of what Amy Winehouse wears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Coleen McLoughlin. She has some lovely bags and shoes and doesnt need to wear designer gear all the time like Mrs B.

I don't pay alot of attention to peoples style, so pictures would be nice for the likes of me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

I'd have to go with Rachel Bilson too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

emmm... this one has taken a while... couldnt think of any famous women...

but not hugely unalike pearl jam or mike shinoda.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

Cameron Diaz ftw!
    Like Victoria Beckham too, but she kind of looks the same all the time... as in, she looks the same for a big night out as she does going to the shops!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

Gwen Stefani. i'd never try it or get away with it but theres something about her. Quirky.
    She wears some weird stuff though aswell sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

anyone realy who wears nice clothes that I cant afford... :(

Love SJP in sex and the city.. her style was awesome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

As a bloke I like Ashlee Simpsons style for a girl.

It's girlie but has an edge to it and isn't perfect. Or maybe I just like girls in chucks:rolleyes:

43878_ashlee_simpson_bittersweet_wo.jpg

Niamho! wrote: »
    Gwen Stefani. i'd never try it or get away with it but theres something about her. Quirky.
    She wears some weird stuff though aswell sometimes.

Forgot about her.... she looks great and totally gets away with her look (would never attempt it myself though!)

And SJP.... thats a given!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Glitteronsnow

Gwen Stefani, Kelly Osborne ( I can hear the gasps now:eek: but she really has gotten it together since she went on project runway) I love the whole Lily Allen style, Kate Nash is kind of similar with the dresses but still not ridiculously girlie looking. Kate Moss, Victoria Beckham do nothing for me usually. VB gets it right in my eyes sometimes. She looks ridiculously high maintenance most of the time.

I was reading today your woman Agnes what ever her face is, is supposed to be the new face of British fashion. Am I the only one who thinks this is f***in insane????

Gwen Stefani, Kelly Osborne ( I can hear the gasps now:eek: but she really has gotten it together since she went on project runway) I love the whole Lily Allen style, Kate Nash is kind of similar with the dresses but still not ridiculously girlie looking. Kate Moss, Victoria Beckham do nothing for me usually. VB gets it right in my eyes sometimes. She looks ridiculously high maintenance most of the time.

I was reading today your woman Agnes what ever her face is, is supposed to be the new face of British fashion. Am I the only one who thinks this is f***in insane????

Don't talk to me about ur one Agnes or Angus or whatever her name is. She WRECKS my head! I don't even know why! I don't understand why shes always praised for her "style".... she looks like boy george (minus the new romatic makeup) half the time!! ok... rant over! :cool:

You're right about Kelly O though. She does look great. And so does Lilly Allen. Both v. individual, along with Gwen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Do any of the above people actually choose their own clothes or are they all "styled by Random Punter"?

Also, from a male point of view SJP dresses poorly.

Very much so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

I love the way the girls who work on MAC look.
    They are all fairly pretty girls, but none of them are model material, and they all have nice figures, but none of them are Kelly Brook-alikes... yet they manage to look gorgeous and trendy every day... AND they manage to make it look effortless.
    How do they do that????????? I just can't seem to master that art. :(

Dragan wrote: »
    Do any of the above people actually choose their own clothes or are they all "styled by Random Punter"?

Also, from a male point of view SJP dresses poorly.

Very much so.

SJP is one of those people who obviously has a sense of her own style, and enjoys the clothes she wears.
    She has started her own clothes line in the US where everythng is under 20 dollars and comes in sizes itsy bisty to absolutly massive.
    I really respect that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Tbh I don't think there's anyone, especially in the media atm, who has interesting style, they're all copies of one another in some shape or form, no one really does anything THAT different. It's very much 'x looking fabulous in a vintage Chanel gown' all the time, I mean how is that original or different? I think the majority of them are really boring, and anyone who isn't, just hired a good stylist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

mischa barton i love her clothes think they are fab she looks brilliant dressed down in the day and very earthy when dressed up at night.

i love jessica alba's clothes too probably because im a jeans junkie and she can dress them up quite well.

apart from them and rachel bilsons i dont think you could dress up like many other famous people without being abused on the street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭SW81

Moonbaby wrote: »
    SJP is one of those people who obviously has a sense of her own style, and enjoys the clothes she wears.
    She has started her own clothes line in the US where everythng is under 20 dollars and comes in sizes itsy bisty to absolutly massive.
    I really respect that.

Yeah I think that's brilliant, yet another reason to love her! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I really respect that.

Oh i can respect it, doesn't mean i find it to be an attractive look though! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭allabouteve

I absolutely love the way Dita Von Teese dresses but I'd never wear any of that stuff myself unless it was way watered down! I think she always looks sexy, but classy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Gwen Stefani for sure...

Love the rock chic look to..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

My fashion idols are Amy Lee and Sharon den Adel. Both of them definately influence what I wear. I love their style so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

amy lee's dress in going under is awesome. always loved that dress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Taters

Kate Nash, Luísa Hanaê Matsushi*a (Lovefoxxx from Cansei de ser sexy) and Hayley Williams.
    Strange combination... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Mary Harney :D:D

Advertisement