Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alfa Romeo 2.0 JTS - MPG?

Options
  • 02-03-2008 8:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭

Hi, any owners out there of this model who can comment on the MPG they are getting? Before anyone says anything, I know the 1.9 Diesel is great etc. but I'm interested in the 2.0l JTS model only.

I'm currently only getting about 29mpg from my current car which is mostly motorway commute, so not great... so if the GT was much of an improvement on 29, I'll be looking at a swap deal for one for similar money.

Comments

http://www.channel4.com/4car/rt/alfa+romeo/gt/34/8

2.0 jts as in the petrol engine?
    the above link says 32mpg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

Sorry, yes - the petrol engine. Hmm... 32 isn't a whole pile better. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the link!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

High 20's.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Might get a better idea from the GT lounge on www.alfaowner.com

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

if you want over 30mpg a peppy petrol engine is hardly the answer :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Cyrus wrote: »
    if you want over 30mpg a peppy petrol engine is hardly the answer :confused:

Indeed. There seems to be a weird fixation on MPG in this country. People don't mind losing €7,000 in depreciation in the first year of buying a car, but they do get concerned when petrol consumption is €700 worse per year than they thought!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

unkel wrote: »
    Indeed. There seems to be a weird fixation on MPG in this country. People don't mind losing €7,000 in depreciation in the first year of buying a car, but they do get concerned when petrol consumption is €700 worse per year than they thought!

I agree entirely. There are loads of posts here about "how much to fix" on expensive cars. People should budget for repairs and get a few quotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I always got 29.1 on my 2.0 alfa 166 for mixed journeys. 156 should do a little better

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

mickdw wrote: »
    I always got 29.1 on my 2.0 alfa 166 for mixed journeys. 156 should do a little better

Maybe, but the OP is looking at a GT which may well be a different engine to the 166, and even the 156.

The posts in the Alfaowner thread linked to by Lex Luthor would seem to suggest that MPG for the GT 2.0 JTS is less than 30.

Is the OP isn't interested in a diesel (fair enough-I have the 1.9 JTD and while it isn't as nimble as the 147 1.6 TS I drove previously, I am more than happy with the power), maybe they should consider the 3.2 V6 (if they can afford the insurance and road tax), especially if they can pick one up in the UK before July 1 (the fuel economy seems to be on similar enough to the smaller engines). From what I have read on the Alfaowner forum, the JTD or V6 is the way to go-not too many people seem to sing the praises of the GT in 1.8TS or 2.0TS versions.

Either way, enjoy. Fine looking car for the money IMHO.

• Advertisement
Advertisement