Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the Story??

Options
  • 02-03-2008 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

I have just bought an agp graphics card an geforce 7300 GT card including Tom Clancy's Rainbw Vegas and it says that my machine is able to run the game but my graphics card is not and to upgrade the graphics card? What do i do now take back the card or What ????

AL.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Two things...
    Do you need a psu connection on that card and if so did you forget to plug it in?
    And are you using the Nvidia drivers as opposed to built in windows drivers?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭alanc

Thanks Saruman, I have installed the drivers that came with it and have plugged in the power connection into the card but my problem is that when you go to play the game it opens up a requirements tool and says that i should upgrade the card. It names the card as a 7300 GT 512mb card but says that this is not above minimum requirements??

AL.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

R6V is a fairly crappy console port, it's also very poorly optimized to be played on a PC.

Also, i'd download the latest drivers from nvidias site, you might see some performance increase.

Also, that card is NOT going to play R6V at max settings. I'd lower everything to low and see if it is playable at that level, if it is then just start increasing your graphical settings until it is no longer playable.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭alanc

My problem is that the game won't let me get as far as changing the settings, i can't get into it at all. The card is being sold with the game but then tells me that the card is below the minimum requirements. Gonna try the Nvidia web site for a new update.

AL.

Advertisement