Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free wifi city centre

Options
  • 02-03-2008 8:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

Where can I get a free connection in the city centre pref close to Connolly station.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Some McDonalds have free Wi-Fi afaik. As do some Eircom telephone boxes.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Bit out of your way, but there's free wi-fi in the Science Gallery on Pearse St.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Isn't there a library in Ballybough???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

xebec wrote: »
    Bit out of your way, but there's free wi-fi in the Science Gallery on Pearse St.

Really? Thanks for that nugget of info. Must bring my PDA along with me from now on when I'm going to the Trinity gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

Not really near Connolly but for anyone interested theres some open hotel network you can find in the McDonalds on O'Connell (The one closer to the Ambasador). Don't know what it is or anything but it's handy enough if you cant get access to those Eircom ones all over the place :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

tampopo wrote: »
    Isn't there a library in Ballybough???

Yep, there is a free wifi sign outside.

It's by the canal, 5 minutes walk from Connolly St

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭cathald

No free wifi for Dublin...madness!
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0109/wifi.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Some McDonalds have free Wi-Fi afaik. As do some Eircom telephone boxes.;)

It's not free, you need a voucher from McDonalds so you have to buy something and you have to pay for Eircom hotspots - and they're bloody expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

So what's the story with the Eircom ones? The phonebox up the road from me has a sign "free wifi within a *km radius".

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

if you look at www.eircom.net at the wifi section at the bottom of the page it gived details of free wifi areas in Dublin City and throughout until 22April 08

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

*= Free if you have Eircom Broadband, but only for the next 3 months IIRC
    eirebhoy wrote: »
    So what's the story with the Eircom ones? The phonebox up the road from me has a sign "free wifi within a *km radius".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

You could probably just walk into a college canteen no problem anyway.

Advertisement