Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ads gone?

Options
  • 02-03-2008 8:21pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The ads are gone for me, both the ones in the top right of the screen and the ones on the homepage. I do have adblock but I don't have it blocking anything from here. I even disabled ad-block and they still aren't appearing. None when I use opera either.

Using firefox 2.0.0.12 on xp.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Same for me with Safari on OS X.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Glenda Gilson's face broke the adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Gone here too. IE7 on vista.

I think this is probably the first time in the history of the interweb that people have been concerned when ads have disappeared from a site.

...gone for me too, btw...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Myth wrote: »
    I think this is probably the first time in the history of the interweb that people have been concerned when ads have disappeared from a site.
    Well how the hell are the admins supposed to pay my wages without ads??????? :mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Well how the hell are the admins supposed to pay my wages without ads??????? :mad::mad:
    There is always the Emergency Coke and Hookers fund. But that has... requirements...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

= he misses Glenda. So cute. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Fixed, thanks for spotting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Nice work lads...
    Now Regi wants me to bring in another bale of hay...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Maybe Glenda got a boyfriend....

[edit] I see the ads are back looks like Glenda got dumped again.[edit]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Aah God Bless Adblock I've never even seen them!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

eamon234 wrote: »
    Aah God Bless Adblock I've never even seen them!

Seriously, why? They're tucked away at the top of the screen, it's not like they're intrusive or the pages are littered with them. It's one of the things that keep this site going and helps to pay for the big fancy server it's running on and the developer that'll be improving the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

I have never blocked an ad for a non-profit website, but yes, for a forprofit website. I trust boards when they tell me, they're running on the breadline...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

nevf wrote: »
    I have never blocked an ad for a non-profit website, but yes, for a forprofit website. I trust boards when they tell me, they're running on the breadline...

same here - don't mind the ads on boards.ie, but adblock ftw otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

what do we want - GLENDA OUT!

when do we want it - NOW!

what do we want - GLENDA OUT!

when do we want it - NOW!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Sure its an ad for Rehab Bingo not Glenda, and Rehab do some great work.

All I wonder is why is it a gif as when they have a flash version thats being used elsewhere? I know Boards.ie uses Flash ads for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I've disabled adblock and done a refresh and I am seeing the Google Ad in the upper right corner. Firefox 2 build 12 on Vista Prem.

Regi fixed it. See his post above.

Advertisement