Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can't record from an internal windows source

Options
  • 02-03-2008 8:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Help, I've had this problem since I got sound installed on this PC (Vista 32 M Audio Audiophile USB), on my old PC (Win 98se Soundblaster Live) I could open up an audio editor and record a stream from say winamp but on this set up - nothing!

Am I missing something very obvious or is it just not possible with this I/O box?

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Start/accesories/entertainment/sound recorder? It's basic but can be useful for what you're describing. Be sure to change the defualt settings though as they are pretty crappy (8 bit or something). You can then drag and drop into your DAW.

As a proper solution to your problem; is it the same soundblaster card in the vista machine? Remember that the software might not be updated for vista for that card which could cause problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

That does'nt work - the file is blank.

Soundblaster not installed, but as I have a spare PCI slot I think I'll put it in and give it a whirl.

Mike.

Advertisement