Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with phone problems

Options
  • 02-03-2008 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

The problem is that my internet is DSL and is working fine but my ordinary land line phone is not working, no dialtone and it doesn't ring if phone it.

How is this possible? i have tried with a different phone plugged in and still nothing. I tried it with the splitter/filter and without it. still nothing.

I called my isp and phone provider (utv internet) and they said they might be able to send a tech out in a week maybe.

Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Has this problem just started? I presume you've had a working phone service before and you haven't changed anything in your phone setup (added splitters, adapters or plugged in extra phone handsets etc.)? If so, and any phone you plug into a socket which gives an OK DSL connection but doesn't allow a phone to work, then it sounds like a port or card, which connects to the other end of your line, is on its way out in your local exchange. Nothing you can do but wait for UTV to raise the fault and get it checked out unfortunately...

• Registered Users Posts: 29 -simon-

yeah it only happened last week. i didnt change anything when it worked and then one day it just stopped.

So if the problem is in the local exchange, i presume the dsl is a different machine from the telephone equipment? thanks for the reply anyways, guess i'll have to wait for utv to fix it:(.

Advertisement