Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying etiquette

Options
  • 02-03-2008 9:38pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The wife and I are planning on moving back to Ireland and buying a house at the end of 2008 / start of 2009.

I was looking through some property sites to see if there was anything that looked interesting (not that we're in the market) and I found a house that doesn't look wonderful, is in a perfect location for several reasons.

http://www.gleesonproperty.com/property30.shtml

What I'd like to know is what is the proper etiquette when buying a house?

I've seen the ad. Can I contact the estate agents and ask them questions? Is it ok to ask for a price via e-mail?

p.s. I know it's already been sold, this is just an example :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭confuzed

welcome back

well, If you are looking for a house try www.Daft.ie and www.myhome.ie. Most (>90%) ads have price so you need not worry for asking price. Yes if not given you can directly talk to agent. They will glad to help you (running out of business now a days). And as wheel has turned towards customers, you can make an offer say 15-20 grand less than enlisted price.

Good luck.

Advertisement