Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IATI Distance learning

Options
  • 02-03-2008 10:04pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hello

Has anyone got the links for any courses one can do to get IATI courses through distance learning?

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Hi nouggatti

I am studying the IATI at the moment. I am in my first year. I think there is only one place that you can study through distance learning (see below). I dont know the fees involved as I study at college.

Depending on where you study expect to pay €1000+
    So far I have paid
    €800 for college
    €200 for Books
    €200 for registration
    €280 for exams (€70x4)

There are also seminars you can attend (optional) which are ran twice yearly at a cost of €70x4 so its €280x2.. €560
    The seminars are ran Feb and March I think.
    How they work is Feb covers half a topic and March covers the other half.. for example for Tax they cover half of the book in Feb and the rest in March.
    I did not attend but was told they where very good.

I find this course very demanding for a part-time course.
    If you are studying distance you need to be very commited. When I started in college their was 50 in my class so far about 20 have left.
    They have paid all this money and dont get any back.

You will have time to think as the course only runs from Sept to May.
    So you wont be able to start for another 6 months.
    Hope this helps.

Correspondence Course

College Name: McKeon Murray Business Training Services
    Phone (part-time courses): +353-(0)1-2959087
    Email (part-time courses): mck@conlancrottymurray.com

http://www.mckeonmurray.ie/FoundationYear.htm

http://www.iati.ie/Prospective_Students/How_to_join_IATI/

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

+1

I am studying part-time in college and i finding it really hard going. You are going to have to have some will-power to do it at home.

may be if you got on to the IATI website, they might have some information for you

good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Pastel_Princess

I did the IATI home study course a few years ago and I must admit that it was hard going, especially when you have a full time job and then you have to come home and study.

If you're thinking of doing the course, make sure that you will be able to study and work hard for the next two years, there's a lot to learn and it seems like it's never going to end at times! I did buckle down though and passed so all the study was worth it when I got the results in the post! :D

Advertisement