Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer jobs after the leaving cert

Options
  • 02-03-2008 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

Just wondering what's the best time to find a job for the summer? tried everywhere last year after finishing school (5th year) and couldn't find a thing!

Cheers for the replies!

Cul.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭cul-2008

yeah i know that there are jobs..what i want to know is, as stated in the first message "what's the best time to find a job for the summer", time being the optimum word!

Thanks to everyone else who posts a reply!

Cul.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Well I'd start handing in CV's and e-mails now in all fairness. I'm in 5th year and have given my CV to two companies so far. Try finding if your family or friends have any contacts that's what I've done to date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

now. was talking to manager of superquinn last year, the last people they took on were at the end of jan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭sickpuppy

With over 300000 new immigrants in ireland the chances of getting a summer job are slim.
    Especially if you dont have good contacts or a bit of pull so to speak.
    The casual jobs students used pick up easy bit of labouring on a building site
    job in a supermarket pub work glass collecting etc are harder and harder to get.
    Being a school leaver your cv would probably not have too much on it but still send it into wherever you are looking for employment.
    Also ask your family do they know anyone whos looking for a worker for the summer most school leavers get a job through a contact not by sendinga c v to an employer good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭nerdysal

You should apply to your local authority, like your county council or Local VEC. They all do Student Summer Schemes. I've got my job lined up in town council and I don't start until July :D Can't wait!!!

Advertisement