Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kopparberg

Options
  • 02-03-2008 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever try Kopparberg? I seen it in the off licence a few times so on Friday I decided to try a bottle so I bought the Mixed Fruit Kopparberg. I must say it was geat, sweet (although not sweet enough that its sickly) and fairly strong at 5.3%.

I then tried the pear cider, again made by Kopparberg (I'm not normally a cider drinker) and again I have to say, it too was very nice, not as strong at 4.5% but still good. It was my first time to try a pear cider too so I was pleasently surprised.

So in closing I would recomend both versions that I tried, especially the mixed fruit one even if you would normally, like me, not regularly drink those types of drinks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

they've been out for a few years now.
    A few bottles of the mixed fruit and u definitely feel it.
    They do a whole range of fruit ciders..

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Tried them all, nice as an alternative but you couldn't drink them all the time.

Mixed berry is lovely and strong :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

You think the mixed berry is strong now, It was 7.5% not so long ago but was changed to 5% due it being considered a wine for tax afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

Too sweet imo, a few of bottles and yer stuck to the toilet

The druids mixed berry,pear and star fruit are much nicer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 pokergroupie

Ye, i agree, you will defo feel it if you drink the Mixed Fruit flavour. Not as strong as before but i defo am on my way with only a few of them. It is probably a combo of massive bottle and higher % but it suits me :)

I wouldnt be a cider drinker normally either but it is so nice.

Anyone tried the Apple?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭shanel23

My mum does'nt normally drink at at all but has taken quiet a fancy to this stuff - I've tried it but find it a bit too sweet but each to their own !

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

The quality control for the Druids Ciders is atrocious. If you buy 6 bottles you're pretty much guaranteed that one of them is going to taste like ass.

I wish they'd bring out more flavours of Kopperberg here though. I was drinking the blueberry one recently when I was on holiday. It was lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Yeah I really like Kopparberg, but I find after 3 or 4 bottles it gets a bit too sweet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

Can't stand the stuff myself. It all tastes like its trying to taste like theres no alcohol in it. If i didn't want to taste an alcoholic beverage, i wouldn't drink an alcoholic beverage to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭kerno

Its been out for a while..I think its lovely.. I drink the pear one now...There are other flavors i have yet to try them.. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

Some of them taste ok but if you overdo it the hangover takes no prisoners.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Wisesmurf wrote: »
    You think the mixed berry is strong now, It was 7.5% not so long ago but was changed to 5% due it being considered a wine for tax afaik.

I had a good few bottles of the Kopparberg 7.5% a few years ago when they sold it in a few pubs around the city centre but it gave me the absolute worst hangover that I have ever experienced in my life. It was like bloody rocket fuel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭-DuMbGuM-

Love this drink, we're planning a trip to Kopparberg soon enough lol.

Can't beat a cold pear or apple imo! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I was in Sweden myself about a year ago and got my hands on all the flavours they don't sell in Ireland. I don't know what the hell a cloudberry is, but it makes for some damn fine drinkin', I can tell you.

Give Rekorderlig a go while you're at it, OP, they have a few different flavours from Kopparberg and are about as sweet/smooth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Love this stuff, have moved over to it from Bulmers. Love the apple, pear and mixed fruit. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

hate it. way too sweet. Disgusting stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

Yeah i drink the pear one often, havent tried the mixed fruit one yet though!

Me likes the pear one! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,020 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Koppaberg and Rekorderlig are not really cider.
    They are not fermented apple (or any other) juice.
    They are alcopops but marketed to an older generation with sweet tooths
    and a distaste for the taste of alcohol.

Can't understand how they get away with calling then cider.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Mostly because people don't know what real cider or perry is, not the back sweeten/water stuff that sells on sunny days

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I think the beer revolu means how they get away with it legally. And I don't know the answer to that one either, other than that the Revenue Commissioners are far keener to enforce their rules than the Food Safety Authority who, AFAIK, are in charge of labelling.

Kopparberg, incidentally, says something like "Made with fermented apple juice" on the label, leaving it up to you to notice that there's nothing exclusive about that statement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Did you know a pear cider is called "a perry"? Well I didn't, so when I was drinking it I got a load of stick... sticking the wee finger out while taking sup, "do you want a cherry for that perry", "what do you think of Ritz Franko", etc.

Well that was that. Plain apple cider from now. Damn peer pressure.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Or you could drink stout, like a man ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Elem

Sell them in the nightclub i work in, very popular with the ladies. Does contain traces of Sulphur in the drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Elem wrote: »
    Does contain traces of Sulphur in the drink.

It is also a common activate in wines and yeast can produce a certain amount as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Elem

oblivious wrote: »
    It is also a common activate in wines and yeast can produce a certain amount as well

Your learn something new everyday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭malene

kopparberg pear is lovely, but too expensive to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

The Mixed Fruit Kopparberg is absolutely rank! Worse than something you would take as medicine when you're sick. I dont know why anyone would like it. So bad it should be illegal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement