Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kopparberg

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Dioza

I have to say im a fan of Kopparberg. I'm mainly a cider drinker (i dont like beer 'cos im a big girls blouse:p) and i'v yet to taste any nicer. Druids is muck. Linden Village is nice, although it is from the bulmers family so they cant go far wrong. Bulmers was my old favourite but due to unemployment i find myself with a can of Linden Village more often than Bumers or Koppaberg.:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I used to drink that misxed fruit years ago when it was away stronger, the pub i used to go to would only allow you 3 of them:D, the bartender would ask have you been mixfruiting if you looked drunk on the way in:D, but having said that jaysus that thing was like a rocket.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

This post has been deleted.

Nice but way, way too sweet for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

Don't like that stuff at all - can't understand the appeal..

The apple and lime is okay but really really sweet. I couldn't actually taste anything resembling apple in it. It tastes like 7up, but with alcohol.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Dioza

Where can you find these? My Tesos or Dunnes only do apple, pear and mixfruits.

Dioza wrote: »
    Where can you find these? My Tesos or Dunnes only do apple, pear and mixfruits.

The new apple and lime is out this week, most supermarkets and offies should have it by now, we got it in on tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭tippguy

apple and lime is eventually replacing apple original. its 5.3% as apposed to 4.5%. most places that are stocking apple and lime in bottles will not have apple itself or wont have in the very near future. apple will be still avaliable in cans at the moment due to over production. s'berry and lime is only avaliable in spain, france etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

I wish they'd bring out more flavours of Kopperberg here though. I was drinking the blueberry one recently when I was on holiday. It was lovely.

Ooh.. I like the sound of this one :D

Anyone know if they're planning on importing more flavours?

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    Ooh.. I like the sound of this one :D

Anyone know if they're planning on importing more flavours?

Thats up to Richmond, but at the moment it seems unlikely unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭QOTSA90

Not a fan of kopparberg at all, Im a cider drink an' all, just not my cup o'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

tippguy wrote: »
    apple and lime is eventually replacing apple original. its 5.3% as apposed to 4.5%. most places that are stocking apple and lime in bottles will not have apple itself or wont have in the very near future. apple will be still avaliable in cans at the moment due to over production. s'berry and lime is only avaliable in spain, france etc...

Interesting. I was never a fan of apple cider after I hit the legal drinking age but I'm mad for the odd Kopparberg (if that makes sense!). I might have a shot at this apple/lime business if it's on special.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

i loveee koppaberg mixed fruit its so tasty and strong...if u drank to much beer or watever and needed something light on the belly plus something to get u just as pissed i always turn to it:Pthe cider flavour is nice too

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Has anyone here seen this "Kiss" cider on sale in Tesco / Supervalu. If your looking for an alternative to Apple Cider, it's quite nice, and nowhere as sweet as Kopinberg. Comes in Starwberry / Cherry / Blueberry / Pear flavours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Love the apple and pear, I like half of the first can of mixed fruits but after that I find it disgusting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 V o d k a

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Has anyone here seen this "Kiss" cider on sale in Tesco / Supervalu. If your looking for an alternative to Apple Cider, it's quite nice, and nowhere as sweet as Kopinberg. Comes in Starwberry / Cherry / Blueberry / Pear flavours.

kiss is dirt .. plain and simple ..

Dunnes have the pear/cherry/strawberry.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

V o d k a wrote: »
    kiss is dirt .. plain and simple ..

Agreed! Nowhere as good as Kopperberg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

Dunnes now have a strawberry and lime Koppaberg, it's subtle and quite nice!

(and yes, to all the 'resurrecting an old thread' whingers - there are people who've posted here previously who are quite likely to be interested enough to have an update ;))

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

oneweb wrote: »
    Dunnes now have a strawberry and lime Koppaberg, it's subtle and quite nice!

It's also incredibly sweet! I bought 3 when they were €2 a bottle a few weeks ago and brought them to drink at a party. The first few sips were lovely, but by the time I was halfway through the first one my mouth was hurting from the sweetness. I managed to drink 2 of them over the space of the night, had to throw the third one away because no one else would take it. I have a major sweet tooth but even for me it was too much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭smallgarden

i hear theres also a strawberry and elderflower kopperberg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭smallgarden

maybe it was elderflower and lime

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭crazyFeet

Yes it is too sweet, drink 4-6 WITH ICE and then go on to the next level; my preference after sweet stuff is Gin+tonic+loaad of lime or somethin' like vodka +anything if you hate Gin as most people do :rolleyes: But in general, i find Kopper my fav cider even though a lot of my friends in college for Druids and sh**e like that which i just can't stand, have to admit i'm not a cider drinker. I also think mixed fruit has a bit too much sugar in it, Bulmers new rasberry (i think) isn't as sweet so give it a go if your not happy with mixed Kopper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Apple & Lime Kopparberg is pretty much my favourite drink ever. It's such a shame that so few places seem to do it.
    Actually, last few times I looked in Tesco the Apple & Lime wasn't there. It hasn't been stopped, has it? :( Strawberry & Lime just isn't as nice (and has less alcohol)
    Mixed Fruit is ok.
    Pear is rotten (but I don't like pear flavoured anything)
    Haven't tried plain Apple yet.

Cherry kiss is lovely - just like drinking cherry cola or something. The strawberry wasn't as nice but still quite good. Haven't tried the others - Blueberry sounds nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Reeni

I normally hate cider but I tried the mixed berry and I loved it! Delish. I don't like the pear one but saw they have strawberry and lime in my Dunnes so I'll try that next :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 beepop

I love the strawberry and lime!

Advertisement