Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Freemasons

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭robroy1234

Ah you just jealous that I have a good life....go and be miserable elsewhere...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭enno99

robroy1234 wrote: »
    I like the top picture there and will have it on my screensaver .

Dont forget to donate you wouldnt want a fellow brother to be out of pocket now would you

I'm sad to have to state that my original artwork hopes have not, nor appear that they will ever become a reality. I had hoped that supplying new and fresh artwork to our Fraternity, that the Brotherhood would have been more financially supportive through the donation system. Hundreds of thousands have accessed the site and are using the artwork, yet in 4 years less than $150.00 has been donated.

Or if you like you can send the money to David Icke

I was being facetious - My gorgeous wife would kill me if I had any such picture as a screensaver.

But, if Brethren or anyone else are downloading and using artwork from any source - masonic or not, then they should contribute to the cost of the production of that artwork.

p.s. David Icke doesn't need money - he is the son of God.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

Did you notice the strange lamp in those last two pictures?
    Either butterfly or phaliic symbol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

A money making group.
    I think the second picture is an Order of The Eastern Star thing. I would guess it's supposed to convey a young girl picturing the woman she will become with the help of the Eastern Star, the Masonic Order and her father, all represented to her right. Just my opinion.

What do you make of the lamp, if anything?

A money making group.
    I think it just looks like an ugly lamp to be honest. I may just be missing its significance in the picture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭enno99

Absolam wrote: »
    I think the second picture is an Order of The Eastern Star thing. I would guess it's supposed to convey a young girl picturing the woman she will become with the help of the Eastern Star, the Masonic Order and her father, all represented to her right. Just my opinion.

I apologise my over active imagination ran away with me there
    I guess all the reading about pedophilia and freemasons i jumped to the wrong conclusion

The image seems to be part of the orders theme or something

oes%20MIRROE.jpg

http://electachapter1.webs.com/whoandwhatisaoes.htm

• Advertisement

Well its not masonic at all. Maybe as suggested Eastern Star and Daughters of Job.

Whenever I hear about pedophilia I immediately think about the Catholic Church and the Vatican....

Well its not masonic at all. Maybe as suggested Eastern Star and Daughters of Job.

Whenever I hear about pedophilia I immediately think about the Catholic Church and the Vatican....
    I guess it depends where you come from.
    I think JW's on the pedo religion front.
    And aristocrats/bored/disturbed people on the political front.
    Most western religions based on christianity have this issue.The bible sucks as$ in my opinion.
    Some nice psalms, but il be damned if I need them.

Well with all the scandals in the RC church, the cover-ups and going on with the diocese reports, the Magdalene Laundries, the Christian Brothers Industrial Schools - that is quite a large amount of systematic abuse, not only child sex abuse but torture and exploitation - and all documented and verified. This not only in Ireland but also in Germany, France, USA and heavens know what sort of abuse goes on in third world countries in Africa and South America. Yet to coach athletics at a local athletics club and teach at a local school - I have to undergo Code of Ethics, Child Protection courses and Garda vetting, which should be a lot more stringent than it presently is. Yet a local parish priest can walk into a school or sports club, with no checks or vetting from Gardai and talk to the kids.

However this is not about bashing the church (they do a pretty good of that themselves)and that is on another forum, and child protection and anti-pedophilia should be first and foremost to all organisations that deal with children. Every sports club has a designated Child Protection officer/representative.

Well with all the scandals in the RC church, the cover-ups and going on with the diocese reports, the Magdalene Laundries, the Christian Brothers Industrial Schools - that is quite a large amount of systematic abuse, not only child sex abuse but torture and exploitation - and all documented and verified. This not only in Ireland but also in Germany, France, USA and heavens know what sort of abuse goes on in third world countries in Africa and South America. Yet to coach athletics at a local athletics club and teach at a local school - I have to undergo Code of Ethics, Child Protection courses and Garda vetting, which should be a lot more stringent than it presently is. Yet a local parish priest can walk into a school or sports club, with no checks or vetting from Gardai and talk to the kids.

However this is not about bashing the church (they do a pretty good of that themselves)and that is on another forum, and child protection and anti-pedophilia should be first and foremost to all organisations that deal with children. Every sports club has a designated Child Protection officer/representative.
    This is why the JW's are being sued for 20 million dollars.
    Maybe the GAA aint all that bad as you made out ;)

I think every and all religious organizations are under scrutiny and probably one of the main reasons why the Pope has resigned. As for the GAA - they have huge political clout but at least they also have to enforce child protection and code of ethics.

Gone all quiet here.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

The puppet masters.
    I think every and all religious organizations are under scrutiny and probably one of the main reasons why the Pope has resigned. As for the GAA - they have huge political clout but at least they also have to enforce child protection and code of ethics.
    you meen like giving out medals to children in memory of convicted murderers,and and naming stadiums and competitions after IRA terrorists,great code of ethics.

Like all true Irishmen on this site Getz, most of us are proud of the men that stood up to the British Army and the Black and Tans from 1916-1922, and considering that many of our forebears fought for independence and also in the unfortunate civil war that followed would we would never call any of them terrorists. The GAA with all its present day faults at least stood the test of time and was the standard bearer for Irish culture and language, even when the Brits made the GAA illegal and committed crimes against humanity with the Croke Park Bloody Sunday massacre. At least here in Ireland Getz, our history books have the whole history of our nation - warts and all., whereas your British history such atrocities by the likes of the Black and Tans are non-existent in the books. In fact when your Prime Minister Cameron was in India and refused to give an official apology for the Jallianwala Bagh massacre, the vast majority of Brits never heard of it despite being a major scene in the Gandhi movie.
    So do you think that there is a sports ground in Britain named after any Black and Tan?

The puppet masters.
    Like all true Irishmen on this site Getz, most of us are proud of the men that stood up to the British Army and the Black and Tans from 1916-1922, and considering that many of our forebears fought for independence and also in the unfortunate civil war that followed would we would never call any of them terrorists. The GAA with all its present day faults at least stood the test of time and was the standard bearer for Irish culture and language, even when the Brits made the GAA illegal and committed crimes against humanity with the Croke Park Bloody Sunday massacre. At least here in Ireland Getz, our history books have the whole history of our nation - warts and all., whereas your British history such atrocities by the likes of the Black and Tans are non-existent in the books. In fact when your Prime Minister Cameron was in India and refused to give an official apology for the Jallianwala Bagh massacre, the vast majority of Brits never heard of it despite being a major scene in the Gandhi movie.
    So do you think that there is a sports ground in Britain named after any Black and Tan?
    hit a sore point have i ?,the IRA have killed more irish people in the north and the south of ireland than the british,and are classed as terriorists in both countries,and it was them how started the civil war in ireland that turned brother against brother,and their off spring is still killing and bombing, by the way the army in india was very much irish born ,

• Advertisement

No sore point at all. Just that you are totally wrong. It was the Brits that sent in the Black and Tans, the Brits that sent in the Auxies, the RIC and the British Army - from 1916 - 1922 the Brits committed atrocities after atrocities, sacked towns and villages and were a violent, belligerent bunch. So I suggest that you buy yourself a proper history book...

You probably believe that Trevelyan was a nice bloke as well...

The puppet masters.
    No sore point at all. Just that you are totally wrong. It was the Brits that sent in the Black and Tans, the Brits that sent in the Auxies, the RIC and the British Army - from 1916 - 1922 the Brits committed atrocities after atrocities, sacked towns and villages and were a violent, belligerent bunch. So I suggest that you buy yourself a proper history book...

You probably believe that Trevelyan was a nice bloke as well...
    i notice you only wish to go as far back in history as suits you.

That is because here in Ireland we have proper history books and do not erase the nasty little bits that make us look bad.....

David Icke will be on This Morning ITV - be prepared for the weird conspiracy theories from Son of God......

Watching Simpsons the Stone Cutters episode....funny stuff...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Aquarius34

A group to make contacts.
    David Icke will be on This Morning ITV - be prepared for the weird conspiracy theories from Son of God......

I'd love to know why you always talk about David icke, it's like you have a love hate relationship with this man for the simple reason you keep bringing him up on this thread which has nothing to do with this thread at all. By talking about him a lot,, means giving him more publicity and that would be something you wouldn't want I'd imagine. The thread has taken a nose dive tbh.

<snip>

Mod: Banned

• Registered Users Posts: 7 xemon2000

Masons are not a secret society, but a secretive society. Any organisation which describes itself ' not as a secret organisation, but an organisation of secrets' is bloody dangerous, and no one holding and state job, or banking job, should be allowed to be a member of such an organisation, like the british have with the dept. of defence.

A money making group.
    Actually, it's "Not a Secret Society, but a Society with Secrets". What is it you think is so dangerous about that? I'm guessing your reasoning will inform us as to why you think that people who work in banks should have their right to freedom of association taken from them. Since you mention The British Dept of Defence you'll probably be interested to know that a large proportion of Masonic Lodges around the world were founded by Regimental Lodges in the British Army as they were 'visiting' various parts of the Empire.

So Xemon, you include the Knights of St. Columba, the Knights of St. Columbanus, the Catenians, the various political parties, the GAA, and many other organizations, or are you just discriminating against one particular group?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭eithneoneill

A money making group.
    Any Irish order welcoming females? I heard that maybe the Great Orient or the Droit Humain might but I could not find any contact for them!

A money making group.
    There is a quite new Masonic Orient (irregular Freemasons) in Ireland, and the Orients do accept female members. I think they may only be in Cork though, not sure where else they may have Lodges.

Further information on the Ballincollig-based lodge can be had by contacting corklodge3@gmail.com.

You could contact the Grand Orient, but they are not recognised by the Grand Lodge of Ireland, there is however some interest in starting up the Order of the Eastern Star but it depends entirely on numbers. If more women were interested and could come together then they could petition the Grand Lodge of Ireland to grant recognition. There a many Brethren including myself that supports such a measure but it has to be from women whom are interested in forming such a group.

A money making group.
    You could contact the Grand Orient, but they are not recognised by the Grand Lodge of Ireland, there is however some interest in starting up the Order of the Eastern Star but it depends entirely on numbers. If more women were interested and could come together then they could petition the Grand Lodge of Ireland to grant recognition. There a many Brethren including myself that supports such a measure but it has to be from women whom are interested in forming such a group.

The Grand Orient replied to me, but I still have no contact for the Droit Humain.
    Anyone can help?

Their website is under construction. I will be meeting some brethren next week and we will be discussing the opportunity for Order of the Eastern Star as a few members wives are interested in it. I will keep ye all posted on that as well as the Le Droit Humain here in Ireland.

A money making group.
    Their website is under construction. I will be meeting some brethren next week and we will be discussing the opportunity for Order of the Eastern Star as a few members wives are interested in it. I will keep ye all posted on that as well as the Le Droit Humain here in Ireland.

Do you know when the website will be available?

A money making group.

Why do women have to be in separate Eastern Star lodges?
    What is wrong with mixed lodges?
    Where do they gay men and lesbians go?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭lohal

A money making group.
    I don't know if it was discussed but I just listened to an excellent podcast from Newstalk's "Talking History" well worth a listen (regardless of which side of the CT debate you fall on)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

A money making group.
    Why do women have to be in separate Eastern Star lodges?
    What is wrong with mixed lodges?
    Where do they gay men and lesbians go?

Presumably gay men go to lodges like anyone else. There are only 3 requirements for entry. Sexuality doesn't come into it.

You could get more conservative types thinking homosexuality means that they are not of "good character" but that is down to the individual lodges I suppose.

A money making group.
    Presumably gay men go to lodges like anyone else. There are only 3 requirements for entry. Sexuality doesn't come into it.

You could get more conservative types thinking homosexuality means that they are not of "good character" but that is down to the individual lodges I suppose.

The Grand Lodge does not seem to welcome LGBT people.
    It looks like only The Grand Orient and the Droit Humain accept women in mix lodges, and welcome gay people who are out.

The Grand Lodge seem to prefer older white heterosexual men with money...

• Advertisement

A money making group.
    The Grand Lodge does not seem to welcome LGBT people.
    It looks like only The Grand Orient and the Droit Humain accept women in mix lodges, and welcome gay people who are out.

The Grand Lodge seem to prefer older white heterosexual men with money...

What are you basing that on out of interest?

Plenty of poor people in the lodge I was a member of. One was a school caretaker. Most were farmers, as it was a rural area.

Can't say there were any homosexuals, but I never heard anyone talk about sexuality at meetings, so I can't say what the lodge, or individual lodge members views on it were. I certainly would have no problem with a gay brother.

A money making group.
    What are you basing that on out of interest?

Plenty of poor people in the lodge I was a member of. One was a school caretaker. Most were farmers, as it was a rural area.

Can't say there were any homosexuals, but I never heard anyone talk about sexuality at meetings, so I can't say what the lodge, or individual lodge members views on it were. I certainly would have no problem with a gay brother.

I can base it on the fact that then I applied I was told women were not good enough to be masons, and when I asked around I found a lot of former members who left because they could not mention their same-sex partners without silence falling around them.
    And one of them who is asian send two requests to join: one as himself and one as white version of himself. Guess which request got a reply and which was lost in the post?

That is why I am looking for an alternative now that I am physically in Ireland.

A money making group.
    I can base it on the fact that then I applied I was told women were not good enough to be masons, and when I asked around I found a lot of former members who left because they could not mention their same-sex partners without silence falling around them.
    And one of them who is asian send two requests to join: one as himself and one as white version of himself. Guess which request got a reply and which was lost in the post?

That is why I am looking for an alternative now that I am physically in Ireland.
    Well its not surprising a woman wasn't allowed into a fraternity.

Also, not surprising that if you join up an organisation that has a substantially older age profile, that you are going to come across some conservative views.

On the racism story that you mention, frankly I don't believe it. There are masons in Ireland of all creeds and colours, its not an issue.

A money making group.
    Well its not surprising a woman wasn't allowed into a fraternity.

Also, not surprising that if you join up an organisation that has a substantially older age profile, that you are going to come across some conservative views.

On the racism story that you mention, frankly I don't believe it. There are masons in Ireland of all creeds and colours, its not an issue.
    Freemasonry is NOT a fraternity. Elizabeth Saint Leger, a woman, was initiated by the Grand Lodge!!
    Only the Grand Lodge thinks it should be.
    The two other Irish orders accept women.

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

Freemasonry is NOT a fraternity. Elizabeth Saint Leger, a woman, was initiated by the Grand Lodge!!
    Only the Grand Lodge thinks it should be.
    The two other Irish orders accept women.
    I know this isn't the most PC thing to say and I mean no offense but I have to be honest - but getting away from women would probably the single biggest selling point to freemasonry for me personally.

Either that or getting to go through their library (if they have libraries).

A money making group.
    I know this isn't the most PC thing to say and I mean no offense but I have to be honest - but getting away from women would probably the single biggest selling point to freemasonry for me personally.

Either that or getting to go through their library (if they have libraries).

That might be true for small-minded small-genital old farts. But most Irish adults with 2 brain cells would laugh at the idea!

I guess that depends on who you surround yourself with.
    Since I escaped from my cave recently enough and put myself back into the world a bit more than I have the last year or two, Ive found most guys are headwreckers and I have to deal with all sorts of macho bull and childish stuff and over the years people latching on.
    I find women more mature in many respects.
    Could just be my right brain kicking in lol
    But I love em :D
    They dont latch on to me for a start, most seem happy to chat and chill out without any need to posture and big themselves up.

So to me a lodge full of guys is like the last place I would like to chill out in.
    Would completely wreck my head to be honest.

Ah but to get a few hours alone in a masonic library would be fun!!

A money making group.
    That is the modern man who I would be proud to share a lodge with!

Oh but im totally against any societies lol
    We havent evolved to a stage where we can form them correctly :D

• Advertisement

A money making group.
    Torakx wrote: »
    Oh but im totally against any societies lol
    We havent evolved to a stage where we can form them correctly :D

Maybe they need people like you to make it work :pac:

Advertisement