Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hume Street, Dublin - RANT!

Options
  • 02-03-2008 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭

This will probably be deleted but I have to rant for a sec.

If the fukcing IDIOT who nearly killed my girlfriend and I by SPEEDING the WRONG WAY on Hume Street yesterday is reading this then I hope you have wrapped your car around a pole somewhere.

Yesterday (Saturday) afternoon. I'm driving into town. Pass the Merrion Hotel, cross over Baggot Street onto Ely Place and turn right onto Hume Street. Fairly quiet. Not many cars or people around. About halfway up the short road to Stephens Green when suddenly a car comes flying around the corner from the direction of the Green and speeds towards us. I flash, beep, then brake and swerve - narrowly missing the oncoming car. He doesn't even slow down. My girlfriend and I can't believe it! Check my rearview mirror and he's still speeding away, turning LEFT into Ely Place into more oncoming traffic. We hear more distant beeping and I see a few more cars swerving to avoid him. It looked like something out of a movie. It happened so fast we didn't even see the make of car, but it was some small, $hitty hatchback of some kind. Unbelievable.

I don't know if he/she was drunk / escaping from something / just a fukcing retard but if we had been 5 seconds earlier we would have been creamed.

Some people should NEVER be allowed near a car.

Rant over.

:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 greatdeeds

doubledown wrote: »
    This will probably be deleted but I have to rant for a sec.

If the fukcing IDIOT who nearly killed my girlfriend and I by SPEEDING the WRONG WAY on Hume Street yesterday is reading this then I hope you have wrapped your car around a pole somewhere.

Yesterday (Saturday) afternoon. I'm driving into town. Pass the Merrion Hotel, cross over Baggot Street onto Ely Place and turn right onto Hume Street. Fairly quiet. Not many cars or people around. About halfway up the short road to Stephens Green when suddenly a car comes flying around the corner from the direction of the Green and speeds towards us. I flash, beep, then brake and swerve - narrowly missing the oncoming car. He doesn't even slow down. My girlfriend and I can't believe it! Check my rearview mirror and he's still speeding away, turning LEFT into Ely Place into more oncoming traffic. We hear more distant beeping and I see a few more cars swerving to avoid him. It looked like something out of a movie. It happened so fast we didn't even see the make of car, but it was some small, $hitty hatchback of some kind. Unbelievable.

I don't know if he/she was drunk / escaping from something / just a fukcing retard but if we had been 5 seconds earlier we would have been creamed.

Some people should NEVER be allowed near a car.

Rant over.

:mad:

Quite the drama queen. Calm down

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

Actually, I am quite calm. That kind of behaviour just pisses me off.

If someone wants to drive like that and kill themselves and their occupants - fine by me.

Just don't take anyone else with you.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I saw a car turn of St. Stephen's Green a few days ago onto Hume St. I hoped that he was just pulling into a spot but I was passing as he turned so couldn't do much.
    To think those two who died last night on the M7 and have left an off-duty garda in hospital were doing the same thing!

kbannon wrote: »
    I saw a car turn of St. Stephen's Green a few days ago onto Hume St. I hoped that he was just pulling into a spot but I was passing as he turned so couldn't do much.
    To think those two who died last night on the M7 and have left an off-duty garda in hospital were doing the same thing!

Yeah, very sad. Funnily enough, I was halfway through telling my father about what happened to me when he said the same thing had happened to him the day before on Leopardstown Road. He met a young girl with L plates driving at speed the wrong way at about 7am on his way to work. Defies belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Could it have been stolen?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Or even an unmarked Garda car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Yep, was it a garda car?

It definitely wasn't a Garda car. It was a dark hatchback, along the lines of a Punto or something similar.

And if it was a Garda car then they were being incredibly reckless and driving without a siren or lights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

it could have possibly them **** in the punto who were driving the wrong way on the N7@ Citywest and smacked into a honda bang on.

they are dead now thankfully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

meh , never be as bad asthe pigeon house road in ringsend... crashes there Everyday , notto mention the traffic :mad:

• Advertisement

it could have possibly them **** in the punto who were driving the wrong way on the N7@ Citywest and smacked into a honda bang on.

they are dead now thankfully.

That thought had occurred to me but what are the odds???

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

I don't think its fair to comment on this as it has not been fully investigated yet

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I agree with NBar. Emotions would be running high at the moment.
    Lets allow the gardai to do their job and find out why the two lads were driving along the M7 WD before we start insulting them.
    If you want to do somethhing then pray that the garda makes a full recovery and that something like that never happens to you!

Advertisement