Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

*SPOILER*NOAH result

• 03-03-2008 12:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭

Takeshi Morishima pinned Mitsuharu Misawa last night to become the 12th GHC Heavyweight Champion. The torch has been passed. I can't wait to see this, if anyone has found it online yet, I'd be grateful for a link.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

Crikey. I was convinced they'd have Kobashi take the belt back later in the year, and then drop it to Morishima. Still, awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7vhDjWzTz4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I have this, Briscoes/Marufuji&Sugiura and the Kobashi 6 man downloading. Itssafe to say i'm very excited!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Yup, have Morishima Vs Misawa on the download now. Gonna wait until tomorrow to watch the others. Just another 5 minutes :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

One of the better big matches that Misawa has been in recently I thought. It didn't have that big match feel to it for me though, but that's probably because I haven't kept up with NOAH this year apart from one Kobashi match. If I have the time then I'll try watch the full show at the weekend, I'll probably change my mind then

My meet and greet tickets and photos came today too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

An enjoyable match. Nothing out of this world mind. Strange the difference between a title change in Japan and almost everywhere else. Very low key. Hope Morishima can do well in the top position now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Morishima/Misawa was decent, about as good as you could expect from Misawa these days. It lacked the sense of epic that the moment truly deserved and the finish was a little anti climactic. Some of the head drops Misawa took off the back drop drivers were pure brutality though.

The Briscoes match was just fantastc. There's been an internet backlash on them lately, but the internet can just **** off as far as I'm concerned, those two boys are the most fun guys to watch in the business as far as I'm concerned. Mark needs to calm down just a littlethough, for the umpteenth time in the last 2 years he nearly broke his neck, this time off an unnecessary quebrada. This was an epic contest, with Marufuji looking a million dollars. he's just so on his game at the moment its untrue. The finishing spot where he turned the sprindboard Doomsday into a Shiranui in mid air was just breathtaking, as good and as well timed a spot as you're ever likely to see. This might be my MOTY so far.

Now for the Kobashi six-man.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I watched the full show yesterday, it was good stuff. The first few matches were alright, but the first great match was Hero & Castagnoli vs Taue & Izumida. They played it mostly for comedy, which was probably smart as Taue sometimes slows things up in more serious matches these days and Izumida wasn't going to carry the team. It only went 11 minutes, that surprises me. It was real fun. The fans were big into Hero and Castagnoli, they'll definitely be back

Matches after that were decent, the 6-man tag featuring Kobashi had a lot of stuff going on and never dragged. The tag title match was really good and I loved the finishing move! That was just brilliant

Here's the Hero & Castagnoli match: Part 1: http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4iOMQkpTzI
    Part 2: http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=NIX1vybOvgg

It's missing the bit at the start where Hero jumped from the ramp onto the top rope, paused for a moment, then jumped off into a tumble. The crowd liked that!

Advertisement