Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Group 1 child car seat for a nissan micra?

Options
  • 03-03-2008 12:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭

Which group one child seat is suitable to fit into a nissan micra? I've tried the internet but they only review the various seats but have no info on suitability for various makes of cars.Help please!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

I have the Maxi Cosi Tobi seat - as far as I can recall it won the best group 1 seat in the consumer magazine Which?

I've got mine in a 00 Opel Corsa - so a very small car, but it fits fine. My daughter is two and has long legs, and the only real adjustment I've had to make is to move the front passenger seat forward a tiny, tiny bit. I like the Tobi because it has 2 very handy features. Firstly, it has an indicator that changes colour to let you know if you've got your child strapped in tightly enough - green is good, red means tighten it more (all you have to do to tighten it is pull on the strap). Also, when you unbuckle the straps, they recoil up and back, so there's no fiddling trying to pull wee arms out of straps etc - the belt pretty much takes itself off IYKWIM. It also has 3 or 4 reclining positions, and its easy to recline.

I think the Maxi Cosi range are in the more expensive range when it comes to carseats, but I know I wouldn't scrimp on something so essential. The group 0 rear-facing seat I had was also a Maxi Cosi, and it was great. My Mam uses a Mothercare own brand seat in her car, and whilst it has passed all the safety tests, I much prefer the Maxi Cosi - it is a more substantial seat and the mechanism of actually fixing it to the back seat with the seat belt means it feels more secure.

Is it a new model Micra or an older model? I think the newer micras are bigger than the older ones and have more backseat room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭berliner

I have the old model Micra (2001).I really appreciate you taking the time and effort to give me that valuable information.You're a star.Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

There are certain shops that do demonstration nights on their products ie car seats, buggys etc. They go through the different makes and models, these may be of some use for you..

Mothercare and Tony Kealys do them, they aren't bad..

Advertisement