Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mammys Day - Was it good or you?

Options
  • 03-03-2008 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭

I woke up to my girl waking me at 7am. whispering "Mum, do you know what day it is today!!" She had to whisper as she was told by her Dad not to wake me, to let me have a lie in, but she couldn't resist! So I got a lovely card, made in school, a gorgeous plant for the garden, and a dinky mobile from himself. Happy days!

How did the day go for the rest of the Mammys in LL?

P.S. Spent the rest of the day cooking a big meal for rest of family... :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

I am not a mammy but I did have a really nice day with mine! Got her some nice bits and bobs, went to see the Cork School of Music Symphony Orchestra being totally amazing, went for tapas and then we went to see my ma's ma in hospital. My grandmother is usually a total grouch but she was in good form today, she even laughed, I can't remember the last time I saw her laugh. So good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

OP you call being woken up at 7a.m good?!?!?!?! :eek:

blasphemies sez i!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

Aw, you lucky people. I live on the other side of the country from my mam, so I sent her a cheesy e-card and gave her a call today to let her know I'm still here! I love my mam, she appreciates little things like that :P

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i was working

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

THAT WAS THIS WEEKEND?!

gah, someone coulda informed me :angry:

damned siblings hogging all the glory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

THAT WAS THIS WEEKEND?!

gah, someone coulda informed me :angry:

damned siblings hogging all the glory.

lol :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I had a lovely day! We're an all-adult household now so I get edible brekkie in bed - it used to be half-cooked boiled egg and lukewarm tea...oh the memories.........:)
    I got flowers, my hair was blow-dried for me, a steaming cappuccino was fetched for me. Then dinner was provided so I didn't have to cook, though my princesses didn't dirty their hands - they bought yummy Chinese.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Lurvely

I got a card from my daughter & a bunch of flowers & a crad from my other half...my daughters only 19 months so it was good going! I got my mum flowers, 2 boxes of chocolates & a card..and his mum got chocolates & a card too..so all in all it was a good day! I got my dinner made for me but thats normal cause he always does the cooking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

My 6 yr old daugher buttered a few cream crackers and gave me them on a tray with a cup of mi wadi.
    i was delighted. because i am a single mother living at home, my mom had got my daughter a few things to give me, and they made a card on the computer.
    Then we all took my mom, and dad out for dinner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

I had a lovely day! We're an all-adult household now so I get edible brekkie in bed - it used to be half-cooked boiled egg and lukewarm tea...oh the memories.........:)

Hehe, I remember my sister and myself used to do that for my mam. Cold toast, too-strong tea, half boiled egg.... :rolleyes:
    Lurvely wrote: »
    he always does the cooking!

Lucky you :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Had a lovely day at work. Mothers day as you can well imagine is the busiest Sunday lunch service of the year. So the day at home passed of like anyother in the morning.

Kids had no concept of mothers day (too young).

Hubby did manage to send me a text :rolleyes: to tell me how wonderful i am. CHEAPSKATE :D

Advertisement