Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New member with some German stuff...

• 03-03-2008 1:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭

Hello All...

I've just found this site and I'm delighted to see an Irish forum on militaria!

I collect mainly Third Reich stuff and concentrate on second class Iron Crosses - I'm on the very slow road to collecting all the different makers, but am aware that this may well be impossible.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.

Here's a little sample of just some of my collection.

stuffB.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭danpatjoe

Hello again,

As I stated previously, I concentrate my collection on second class Iron Crosses. Mainly 1939 versions, but I cannot resist the odd marked 1914 one at times either! I am always searching for maker marked crosses that are not in my collection, so I will post a list of my marked crosses and their manufacturers here.

Approximately 80% of issued iron crosses (1939-1945) were unmarked, so finding the marked ones is not so easy! If anyone out there has one that is not on my list and is willing to sell or trade, please send me a PM.

MM. 3, Wilheim Deumer, Lüdenscheid
    MM. 4, Steinhauer & Lück, Lüdenscheid
    MM. 6, Fritz Zimmermann, Stuttgart
    MM. 7, Paul Meybauer, Berlin
    MM. 11, Grossmann & Co., Wien
    MM. 13, Gustav Brehmer, Markneukirchen/Sa
    MM. 15, Friedrich Orth, Wien
    MM. 21, Gebr. Godet & Co. Berlin
    MM. 22, Boerger & Co., Berlin
    MM. 23, Arbeitsgemeinschaft für Heeresbedarf darf In der Graveur-u. Ziseleurinnung
    MM. 24, Arbeitsgemeinschaft der Hanauer Plakettenhersteller
    MM. 25, Arbeitsgemeinschaft der Graveur-Gold-und Silberschemiede-Innungen, Hanau
    MM. 27, Anton Schenkl's Nachf., Wien
    MM. 40, Berg & Nolte Lüdenscheid
    MM. 44, Jakob Bengel, Idar/Oberdonau
    MM. 55, J.E. Hammer & Söhne, Geringswalde
    MM. 60, Katz & Deyhle, Pforzheim
    MM. 65, Klein & Quenzer, A.G. Idar/Oberstein
    MM. 66, Freidrich Keller, Oberstein
    MM. 75, Franke & Co., Lüdenscheid
    MM. 76, Ernst L. Müller, Pforzheim
    MM. 93, Richard Simm & Söhne, Gablonz a.d.N.
    MM. 98, Rudolf Souval, Wien
    MM. 100, Rudolf Wächtler & Lange, Mittweida
    MM. 106, Bruder Schneider A.G., Wien
    MM. 113, Hermann Aurich, Dresden
    MM. 120, Franz Petzl, Wien
    MM. 122, J.J. Stahl, Strassburg
    MM. 123, Beck, Hassinger & Co., Strassburg
    MM. 125, Eugen Gauss, Pforzheim
    MM. 128, S. Jablonski G.m.b.H., Posen
    MM. 137, J.H. Werner, Berlin

MM. L/11, Wilheim Deumer, Lüdenscheid

Also in the collection are examples of the rare 'round 3' and a Schinkel-form one-piece cross (non-magnetic).

If anyone is interested in seeing pictures of any of the above crosses, please don't hesitate to ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Hi danpatjoe and welcome to the forum!

Thank you for posting and we look forward to some detailed pics of your items.

I always come across some Iron Crosses so will have a look if there are any with the makers marks you are looking for.

Would be nice to see some of your crosses and of course the ones with the "runden 3" (or round 3). ;)

Best,
    Preusse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭danpatjoe

Thanks for the welcome Preusse,

I think I should clarify, in case I gave the wrong impression, the list I posted above are of the marked crosses I already own, if anyone finds one not on the list, I would be glad to purchase it!

At the moment the top of my wish list are:
    MM 1, Deschler & Söhne, Munich.
    MM 56, Robert Hauschild, Pforzheim.

I would be glad to post some pictures of my 'round 3' and any others. Over the next few days I hope to get a chance to do so.

- Dan

Advertisement