Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballyfermot to Fairview

Options
  • 03-03-2008 2:04am

At the moment I'm living in Drumcondra and working in Fairview but I'm unhappy with the housing situation I'm in (run down house, smoking housemates) so I've been looking for something else. I've got a house to view tomorrow in Ballyfermot. I'm originally from there and have some family and friends there - I only know one person round here.
    I was thinking initially "ah just get the 78/78A/79 and then the DART from Tara Street to Clontarf" but I'm not really sure I can trust the buses to run on time with the whole traffic situation. Am I mad to be even considering this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭buckfast4me

Hiya, I used to live in ballyfermot for about 6 months in 2005. I always used to get that 78 bus (quicker than the 78a, and takes a shorter route) at 8am. From the stop near the civic centre in ballyfermot to central bank on dame st used to take less than 30 mins every morning without fail. Similar coming home aswell, the 5pm 78 used to have me back in ballyfermot before 5.30pm every day. I dunno anything about the 78a or 79 tho. Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Just make sure if you get the 78A, dont go upstairs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Just make sure if you get the 78A, dont go upstairs

78A upstairs during the morning commute is just fine.

But the 78 (and the 79/A) are much more reliable into town. I use them every morning and never have a long wait. And it's bus lane (almost) all the way in. That's around 8am from the Liffey Gaels GAA club on Sarsfield Rd. Don't know what traffic is like further up Ballyfermot Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

if you can help it, don't get the 78A

it's a total nightmare

fairness to them though they're fairly regular, the 79 is better to get imo

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Are you anywhere near the 123?

• Advertisement

spurious wrote: »
    Are you anywhere near the 123?
    That just popped into my head a short while ago. I work very near the 123 terminus on Griffith Avenue so in theory I could get the 78A to St James' Hospital and get the 123 from there.

Advertisement