Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proper Embedded Windows Media in HTML?

Options
  • 03-03-2008 2:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have been fighting with some HTML code to integrate a WM player in a HTML page.

Here is my code
    <OBJECT ID="MediaPlayer" WIDTH="192" HEIGHT="216" CLASSID="CLSID:22D6F312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95"
    STANDBY="Loading Windows Media Player components..." TYPE="application/x-oleobject">
    <PARAM NAME="URL" VALUE="http://...">
    <PARAM name="ShowControls" VALUE="true">
    <param name="ShowStatusBar" value="true">
    <PARAM name="ShowDisplay" VALUE="false">
    <PARAM name="autostart" VALUE="false">
    <EMBED TYPE="application/x-mplayer2" SRC="...." NAME="MediaPlayer"
    WIDTH="192" HEIGHT="216" ShowControls="1" ShowStatusBar="1" ShowDisplay="0" autostart="0"> </EMBED>
    </OBJECT>

That does not seem to work properly, I lose the buttons of the player (Play etc.) which is weird, on the website where I found this, this is working fine.
    My HTML code has strictly nothing else, I started with this one only in a blank page. It renders the player on the webpage but that' it. I can't start it etc.

Any idea?

Thanks

Advertisement