Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATI x1800xl woes :(

Options
  • 03-03-2008 2:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭

hey guys, thought i might take a bit of advantage of some of your knowledge here.

Have a pc with this ATI card installed in a dell dimension, and recently the card started overheating, so i removed the card, opened the case and cleaned a ton of dust out of the heatsink that was causing the problem.

But now if i install the card, and put power onto it the pc wont switch on at all, not even a bit of life in it... the power button flashes green and not even the psu fan switches on. i have to unplug the psu, and the light keeps flashing until the power drains.

If i take the powersupply off the ati card the pc switches on, fan on the card spins and everything... but i obviously dont get any vga output.

anyone have any ideas on this? i definitly didnt physically damage the card... just cleaned the unit out and reappplied the thermal compound on the gpu.

Advertisement