Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

US Army = sick ****s [Depicts animal cruelty]

• 03-03-2008 3:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

WARNING, not for the weak stomached.

Involves a puppy.

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=zlCiUMoFu84

This crap needs to get out there so more people can see and realize just who ****ed up the US military is.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Abu Ghraib and Guantanmo weren't evidence enough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

CyberGhost wrote: »
    This crap needs to get out there so more people can see and realize just who ****ed up the US military is.

How is the U.S Military ****ed up? Did they tell these soldiers to go throw puppies off cliffs? of course not, its unfair to say these actions represent what all soldiers in the US army are like tbh.

This is just an example of absolute gob****es that think torturing an animal is funny, lots of people around the world do it, and we can only hope the U.S. Military gets wind of this and is able to sack these guys or something, I know that I wouldn't want people who think this **** is funny over in Iraq.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It looks fake. The dogs limbs never move the whole way through the video even when the soldier swings him back. It also looks like it stays in the same position the whole time it's in the air. The dog doesn't make a noise until it's half way through the throw. The moment he swung the dog it would have started whining.

Edit: Also the dog continues to whimper after it has hit the ground but the whimper doesn't stop for a second or so after. If the dog had died on impact, the whimpering would stop straight away, if it had survived it would continue to whimper.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Dashticle

Don't get me wrong, I hate America as much as the next cool person, but that video reeks of badly faked Saddam propaganda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Involves a puppy.

Tis fake...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Involves a puppy.

You're an idiot.

/slowclap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

robby^5 wrote: »
    How is the U.S Military ****ed up? Did they tell these soldiers to go throw puppies off cliffs? of course not, its unfair to say these actions represent what all soldiers in the US army are like tbh.

I've seen enough Iraq videos to come to that conclusion,

Most of them are psychopaths, add to that the marine brainwashing, and you've got your result.

The ones that are normal either commit a suicide, get mentally depressed or do the smart thing and not go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭utick

Involves a puppy.

the us millitary consists of millions of people a small minority do some sick sh.t, and you claim the whole US army is sick?

that would be like calling everyone in ireland scumbags because 2 or 3 teenagers stabbed those polish guys because they wouldnt buy them drink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

If by some chance it's real, I hope those guys get killed in a happy friendly fire incident.

Chances of it being real are slim though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

If you think that's bad, I heard they sometimes killed people too!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it's better than dropping hundreds of tonnes of puppies on people's houses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Puppies don't remain motionless while they're grabbed by the back of the neck and moved about the place generally. It's most likely not real.

Moriarty, banned for a week.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

At least they aren't PETA lovin' Vegan bone idle Californian hippies. Now those ones are the sick ****s, and I will tell you why. Soy Milk.
    Also, in the midst of all the madness going on in the world, surely a bunch of military guys faking up a youtube clip doesnt result in the whole of the US military being branded sick ****s? At least it's only a dog, as opposed to say, a building full of people. Or a really cute bunny / guinea pig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Involves a puppy.

How can you seriously tar every US soldier as Sick ****s now in fairness. I have two friends over there fighting Americas silly War and have friends who have been. Whether the video is real or fake it represents a minority of Marines or Army soldiers who are sick and twisted just like anything else in life. Seriously dude get a grip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

I've seen enough Iraq videos to come to that conclusion,

Most of them are psychopaths, add to that the marine brainwashing, and you've got your result.

The ones that are normal either commit a suicide, get mentally depressed or do the smart thing and not go.

How many men or women do you Actually know? Who are in the Marines or Army or Navy or served? Your posts are un-educated and based on videos it seems. Again I say get a grip on reality there dude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

You sir are an idiot. This is a fake video which you should have figured out before you posted it and threw accusations at the whole US military.
    Even if it were real it's cruel but far from the worst thing troops from any country have done in a combat area.

US bashing is so easy for people like you who are too lazy to come up with something other than a fake video on you tube or have a pop at McDonalds or whatever...

I live beside a marine base. They are very good to live around (tidy, very corteous) and even better to work with, confident and very organised and efficient. They're are bad ones of course as there are in any walk of life. You don't need to go onto military base to find psychos, plenty of them in Dublin as those two poor unfortunate poles (RIP) found out recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

Let's assume that this vid is real.

The life experience the US soldiers are going through in Afghanistan or Iraq is very different to our own. Say for example you are in Iraq for 5 months. What's very real to your everyday life is snipers, bombs, even suicide bombers, rebel attacks etc. Not something we endure everyday if at all.

Now back to Eire or US everyday real life is going to work and the most dangerous thing we do is drive which we in reality do even believe to do be dangerous 'cos we have been doin it for years and are used to it.

War puts us in different frames of mind. I for one am a pacificist(spelling??) to a point but if put in constant fear of my life I don't honestly know how I would react.

My judgement is this vid is fake. I then order " By the power of Grey Skull" that this thread be closed.

TheNog

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Lirange

Fake but they're dupid moppets for thinking it would be funnay.

Har Har.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=2i60f3vnlDw&feature=related

This is also fake. The dog is actually a remote control car with fur on it.

The US army never do anything wrong, all they try to do is free people. You just hate freedom that's why you make up stuff about the US army killing people and animals.

Every single US marine is the nicest most caring person you'll ever meet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

[GWB]We will get them there folks that done this terrible deed, we will smoke then out out of their holes.[/GWB]

• Advertisement

retracted bollocks! Its been a long night :yawn:

:rolleyes:

You need to watch the video I posted to understand what I'm saying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=2i60f3vnlDw&feature=related

This is also fake. The dog is actually a remote control car with fur on it.

The US army never do anything wrong, all they try to do is free people. You just hate freedom that's why you make up stuff about the US army killing people and animals.

Every single US marine is the nicest most caring person you'll ever meet.

Ah karma, I hope those fcukers get their legs blown off, and get stones thrown at them as they try to drag themselves away. S1ck cnuts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

promethius wrote: »

I live beside a marine base. They are very good to live around (tidy, very corteous)

The U.S. Army's Mental Health Advisory Team found that only 47 percent of soldiers and 38 percent of Marines thought "all non-combatants should be treated with dignity and respect." Just 40 percent of Marines and 55 percent of soldiers said they would report a member of their unit for "injuring or killing an innocent noncombatant."

http://www.armymedicine.army.mil/news/mhat/mhat_iv/MHAT_IV_Report_17NOV06.pdf

You can be damn sure that this self-reporting substantially underestimates the real scope of the violence and cruelty that the American occupation is inflicting upon the population of Iraq.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

thats a bit ruff alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Oh god yeah that second vid is totally fake!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,451 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I see. So which category am I then?

I went (Not like I had a choice in the matter), I've not comitted suicide, and I think I remain fairly cheerful.

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Lirange

So which category am I then?

... and I think I remain fairly cheerful.
    Lieutenant Kilgore Syndrome?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

• Advertisement

kona wrote: »
    yup all scumbags

agreed.

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=wj32twJXxsY&feature=related

btw why is this in "cool vids & pics" etc?

Doesn't seem right.

Advertisement