Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

US Army = sick ****s [Depicts animal cruelty]

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

A life is a life, and there's a big difference between a Soldier who can defend themself against a defenceless creature or person.

Think a grain of sand has more value to life than that degenerate of a man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

lads thats the fakest vid ever...even the sound of the whimpering is fake...i can't believe this thread got 4 pages...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

Real or fake there are several other videos of animals being abused and killed by us military.
    There has been so many people contacting animal welfare groups that a load of news papers and stations have picked it up see here googlenews
    The only problem is they only seem to be concentrating on this case and not the huge amount of other ones that are without a shadow of a doubt real.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,451 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

FWIW, the Marine in question is currently under protective custody: Enough other Marines seem to think it's real that the Corps is concerned for his safety. The matter is being investigated.

The military is held to a higher standard, but ultimately, they are humans just like everyone else, with the same attributes and detrements. That's why the military has a judicial system: It is expected that a few bad apples will turn up. I could say that all sportsmen are steroid-taking dog abusers (Michael Vick, anyone?) or that all civilians are Jack the Ripper, but it would be no more accurate.

NTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Sky News are doing a run on the story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Trojan911 wrote: »
    Sky News are doing a run on the story.

I love the power of the internets.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,451 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

After all the controversy, CNN is reporting that even PETA isn't sure this is a real video.

NTM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,537 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

It's a dog,not a person.There are places in the world where dogs are food.In Iraq and Afghanistan they are pests.
    Why do you really care so much?People on here talking about taking an innocent animals life? Last time checked, animals generally don't subscribe to human ideas like innocence and guilt.Was there nothing else going on today to be outraged about? Pretty sure there are people getting killed all over the world that i would rank as being more important than a dog.
    Guys are idiots for making a video of this,but they are soldiers in a war.They exist in a different mental place than the rest of you, and i don't mean in the lines of mental illness like some of you are spouting on about.Really,how many of you folks outraged over the videos of hurting dogs etc. took part in bullying someone when you were in school? Most people have and they probably enjoyed it? Yet i doubt that most of the you would be considered sociopaths etc.
    End of the day, it's a ****ing dog. Get over yourselves

It's a dog,not a person.There are places in the world where dogs are food.In Iraq and Afghanistan they are pests.
    Why do you really care so much?People on here talking about taking an innocent animals life? Last time checked, animals generally don't subscribe to human ideas like innocence and guilt.Was there nothing else going on today to be outraged about? Pretty sure there are people getting killed all over the world that i would rank as being more important than a dog.
    Guys are idiots for making a video of this,but they are soldiers in a war.They exist in a different mental place than the rest of you, and i don't mean in the lines of mental illness like some of you are spouting on about.Really,how many of you folks outraged over the videos of hurting dogs etc. took part in bullying someone when you were in school? Most people have and they probably enjoyed it? Yet i doubt that most of the you would be considered sociopaths etc.
    End of the day, it's a ****ing dog. Get over yourselves

Thats bull, a persons life may be more important than an animals but your honestly defending this kind of crap would you also defend the other definitely real videos of soldiers taking potshots at animals,shooting a mans dog in his garden or throwing a grenade at sheep.
    How about the videos of them abusing Iraqi civilians should people not get annoyed by them either after all their solders they shouldn't be held to the same standards as the rest of society:rolleyes:

This video if its real isn't of somebody accidentally killing a pup or culling to keep a population down this is of somebody getting pleasure out of hurting something and if I didn't find that messed up I be rather worried about myself.

And I think you'll find that the majority of people didn't bully at school and of the few that did a good percentage of those usually do have psychological problems.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I cant stand rolleyes smiley. It should be banned. It really should.
    But sher by your logic, you are saying that because some US soldiers commit acts of random cruelty to animals to get their kicks that this should result in sanctions on the US army as a whole? There are a tonne of places in Asia where you can buy a cow specifically to blow the poor guy up with a bazooka. That's for tourists. Should we ban them all too?

• Advertisement

I cant stand rolleyes smiley. It should be banned. It really should.
    But sher by your logic, you are saying that because some US soldiers commit acts of random cruelty to animals to get their kicks that this should result in sanctions on the US army as a whole? There are a tonne of places in Asia where you can buy a cow specifically to blow the poor guy up with a bazooka. That's for tourists. Should we ban them all too?

I said no such thing, read back to my earlier post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,234 ✭✭✭sdanseo

At the risk of repeating someone:

The video clearly isn't real. The dog doesn't move for the duration and the whimpering sound it 'makes' when being thrown off the cliff doesn't get any fainter as it flies several metres away.

The vendetta being started against this guy angers me a lot more than the video would if it were real. His name, address, marital details and probably his baby pictures are being posted on every video on youtube that's remotely related to this. Now that's what's not right.

@gerky: I'm even going to attempt to say I've never cursed on boards before but surely you don't that that many f*cking curse words to get your dámn point accross?

Edited/ Apologies I'm rather grumpy tonight and animal cruelty kinda sets me off.:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,537 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

gerky wrote: »
    Thats bull, a persons life may be more important than an animals but your honestly defending this kind of crap would you also defend the other definitely real videos of soldiers taking potshots at animals,shooting a mans dog in his garden or throwing a grenade at sheep.
    How about the videos of them abusing Iraqi civilians should people not get annoyed by them either after all their solders they shouldn't be held to the same standards as the rest of society:rolleyes:

This video if its real isn't of somebody accidentally killing a pup or culling to keep a population down this is of somebody getting pleasure out of hurting something and if I didn't find that messed up I be rather worried about myself.

And I think you'll find that the majority of people didn't bully at school and of the few that did a good percentage of those usually do have psychological problems.

i think you would find that soldiers in general,certainly US soldiers are held to a far higher standard in their personal and professional lives than most civilians.I don't agree with killing animals but i'm not going to get upset about it.
    As for people bullying,or not, as you put forward,you never gave someone a slagging or laughed at somebody elses emotional or physical pain? I would that find that hard to believe.Such actions being considered bullying nowadays.

Thats not bullying this is from a dictionary
    intimidation of weaker person: the process of intimidating or mistreating somebody weaker or in a more vulnerable situation
    Look we'll leave it at that we obviously have different views on this.

Advertisement