Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game over man!! GAME OVER!!

Options
  • 03-03-2008 10:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭

Aliens: Colonial marines (CLICK FOR LARGER VERSION!!)

1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg
    4.jpg
    5.jpg
    6.jpg
    7.jpg
    8.jpg
    9.jpg
    10.jpg
    11.jpg
    12.jpg
    13.jpg
    14.jpg
    15.jpg

I know ther was talk of this in the AVP2 thread but thought it deserved its own thread as OMG DO WANT this game so badly. Just look at those shots!! This is rapidly turning into my most wanted game of the year with every new shot released!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

and because boards will only let you have 15 img tags per post heres the last 2 shots..

16.jpg
    Aliens_Colonial_Marines_8_.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

I wouldn't hold my breath regarding those renders; I'd wait till a video comes out with the gameplay before showering it with accolades.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Nice shots. AFAIK Gearbox are developing it and the writers behind BSG are responsible for the story. All in all, I would say reason to be hopeful.

Yeah its gearbox at the helm, whih is one reason to be hopeful for it. They proved they can make a great squad based shooter and provide great atmosphere with BIA, hoipefully they can do the same for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

0ubliette wrote: »
    11.jpg

You just know it was a man who designed this one :D

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Yeah, you should be able to attack it with lube and a dildo or something.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It might take most of the fear away from it though (and make it even more scary for some)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Looks highly impressive, but I'll be waiting for gameplay footage videos before I spooge in my pantaloon! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

If it's as quick and fluid as AvP, it should be fun.
    Latest IDTech engine it seems?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Excellent! I can't wait for this one. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Maximilian wrote:
    Yeah, you should be able to attack it with lube and a dildo or something.
    Well, considering it's the facehugger which'll be planting its penis down your throat...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Really looking forward to this, my favourite movie but what's with the red blood from the Aliens. Also, having missed out on AvP really wanted to be able to control the Alien

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

Vikings wrote: »

well H.R Giger did. so... yeah, a man.

looks savage out, im excited cause i still think avp2 is unreal

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,607 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

mawk wrote: »
    well H.R Giger did. so... yeah, a man.

looks savage out, im excited cause i still think avp2 is unreal

Not only that, but he designed them to look like just what you think they look like, for further reference check out the alien craft in Alien, the entrance is shaped like yet another orifice, deliberate too are the manner of reproduction, the violation of self, the penetration, and so on,
    Mr. Giger is one f**ked up dude man!

The game should kick ass, once they resist the desire to have us either scuttling across the ceiling as Aliens or firing spears and energy bolts as Predators, keep it pure, lets kick some xenomorph ass!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Vikings wrote: »

my thoughts exactly, very vaginal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Sweet Jebus !!! I will kill for this game...it's been too long since the last Aliens fps...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Looks decent :), the first 2 were good fun

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

po0k wrote: »
    If it's as quick and fluid as AvP, it should be fun.

+1. If it doesn't end up turning my shoulders into solid lumps of tension and jumpiness like AvP, I don't think I'll be bothered at all.

Still, looks pretty. Here's hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Ehhh am I the only one thinking the renders all look very plasticy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

eo980 wrote: »
    Ehhh am I the only one thinking the renders all look very plasticy?

Nope; but even at that I firmly believe they're going to only bear a passing resemblance to the finished product (a la Motorstorm etc...).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

this looks amazing, i presume its for the pc rather than consoles?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

my facehooking penis jsut hardened

this..looks...epic

please let me play hudson...please

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

This looks fantastic! Can't wait for it. :D

kudos on thread title btw

this..looks...epic

Sadly the story is that youre part of a marine detatchment sent in to investigate what happened to ripley, hudson etc, so you wont get hudson. But you can just pretend youre hudson, and shout 'OH YEAH! YOU WANT SOME TOO?? **** YOU! COME ONE YOU ****ER! ARRRGGGH' as you play. At least i know i will :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

this..looks...epic

Hudson: Hey Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?
    Vasquez: No. Have you?

the quotes are just endless :P

tho i liked hicks too :)

im actually going home now to play alien vs pred 2, have it on my pc and i jsut never played it, ive got the alien addiction going on now

thanks...thanks alot

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

The original film is all about penis envy btw, my housemate did a big project on it for college, quite interesting :D

Anyway, it's been ages since I played any of the AvP games, I must dig them out and give them a lash!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Can't wait for this. I loved playing as the marines in AvP because it was so damn creepy. Lights off and the only sound is your motion detector :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

kudos on thread title btw

lol yea, recognized it straight away, Hudson is my favorite character in the movie, love his panic outbursts.

6sl4jcp7.jpg

Advertisement