Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game over man!! GAME OVER!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Another classic Hudson quote

"What do you mean "THEY cut the power"? How could they cut the power, man? They're animals!"

:D

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Sorry folks, couldn't resist doing this.

ohairipleec128491874328398750.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

yet another unreal/halo/cod knock off :rolleyes:

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

S.I.R wrote: »
    yet another unreal/halo/cod knock off :rolleyes:

You mean, an FPS?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Sure they're all Wolfenstein 3D rips offs...

• Advertisement

Kharn wrote: »
    Sure they're all Wolfenstein 3D rips offs...

Don't you mean Battlezone rip-offs?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Maximilian wrote: »
    Don't you mean Battlezone rip-offs?
    Don't you mean Maze War rip-offs? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I really hope this has the atmosphere from the marine campaigns of AvP2 (the better game imo). The way the tension built up at the start was fantastic. I'd also love for intelligent Alien AI. Such as running up walls and on the ceiling to avoid fire, or ducking into vents and emerging behind you. I'll be totally disappointed if they're all Max Payne style (like in the recent AvP:R movie).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I wont hear another word about Max Payne!! Blasphemer!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

Max Payne was amazing! Does this mean we wont be able to play as the Predator or Alien? I cant read up about it cos all the gaming sites are blocked here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Max Payne was amazing! Does this mean we wont be able to play as the Predator or Alien? I cant read up about it cos all the gaming sites are blocked here.

I don't mean to put down Max Payne, its just that I hate when the Aliens are portrayed as having no capacity to communicate or act intelligently. However according to wikipedia in the game they will be smart and will use the vents and try flank you.

The wiki article also said the game will feature the motion tracker :D Also no HUD, which I'm in two minds over. And quicktime events, which I am very much against.

OctavarIan wrote: »
    And quicktime events, which I am very much against.

Oh God, please don't tell me "quicktime events" means those Dragon's Lair style button timing bullsh1t mini-chores, as recently stank up Clive Barker's Jericho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/aliens-colonial-marines/news/aliens-colonial-marines-gameplay-info/a-20080311143729703071/g-20070604114510395087

small hands on preview. This made me almost orgasm tho:

"There'll be a range of both claustrophobic indoor combat and less-restrictive outdoor conflict. Art on show in Gearbox HQ shows city areas, too. Though we'll probably be happy about being cooped up in a dingy colony base, with plenty of room to hide, when it's time for the Make A Stand scenarios.

These pre-determined moments see you first holing up and preparing a location to defend, with bomb-traps or auto-turrets, or by sealing doors with hand-torches. Then, the aliens begin to swarm your position. We're wetting ourselves already."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

0ubliette wrote: »

These pre-determined moments see you first holing up and preparing a location to defend, with bomb-traps or auto-turrets, or by sealing doors with hand-torches. Then, the aliens begin to swarm your position. We're wetting ourselves already."

Good lord. That's the first thing in years I've heard about a pc game that has actually excited me. Assuming they make a good job of it and the alien AI is up to scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

except its an xbox360 review..... you sure this is going to be on the PC (I am perfectly willing to rebuild/upgrade to run this from what I've seen and read here....)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

oops. just read the wikipedia article and its on teh PC as well... \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

they should do it like left4dead with the a director co-ordinating the whole thing and maybe even other humans able to play as the odd boss alien. (providing the left4dead thng works that is:rolleyes: )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left_4_Dead

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

That Aliens Extermination Shooting Arcade Game was amazing, they have one in courtown, Its a re-make of another one that was made on alien 3. Its two player and really addictive. I cant wait for this new alien game...:rolleyes:

There's a short interview here. Looks like this game will push forward game drool technology.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,607 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I think the consoles could stand a really good Colonial Marine FPS, I have to say, as a very sad fan of the movies I would love to see us driving APCs and piloting, even remote piloting, dropships too, could be the basis for a mod on Battlefield I guess.

But seeing the open battles of the Aliens comic books and the claustrophobic stuff of the movies, a combo of the best of both would be great, although, it has to said, humans never ever come off well in the comic books!

Advertisement