Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New NIN album out now!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭stakey

Really enjoying listening to this, you can listen to the first volume at http://ghosts.nin.com. $5 for four volume, high quality MP3 download, $10 for access to the downloads and a copy of the CD in April.... hot diggity, NIN know how to deliver!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

I've been trying to get it all morning but the site is acting the complete bollix. Hopefuly I will have it soon. Can't wait, think Ill got for the 75 notes edition. I want the blu-ray disc and the remix dvd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

Yeah I'm having big troubles getting it to download as the server is being hammered.

Trent himself made an account at the Pirate Bay and uploaded Ghosts I there, might be faster. (also at Waffles and What.cd if you're on them)

I'd recommend for people to try to download the free one from the NIN site first, before spending $5 or $10 on the full download in case it doesn't work. (because it's a one-time only link)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Got Vol. I and it's quite interesting - nothing mind blowing but some nice stuff all the same.

Also paid for the $5 download and may get the CD too (you get the download as part of the CD purchase, just in case anyone is wondering... so I'll be paying $5 extra than I need to if I get it now!).

Not sure if I can afford the $75 but will see... would love to get the Ultra-Deluxe set for the vinyl alone but just can't justify the price.

I've still not gotten the entire collection because of the site problems but hopefully will soon. The link doesn't actually appear to be a one time download link, as I've started downloads from it a few times... problem being they keep completing prematurely.

I sent an email to support so hopefully that will ensure I don't lose out either way... worst case scenario I download the full collection from a torrent site with a clear conscience; I've paid my money already!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

Holy ****, postage on the $75 kit is $50, I don't think i can afford it anymore. That is really step but i do want it....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

I tried to download it... but something keeps going wrong
    ''File location not valid''
    Bugger :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Ladies and Gents

http://rapidshare.com/files/96657286/Nine_Inch_Nails_-_Ghosts_I__2008_.rar

(Mods: This is the first part of the album, ie; the free songs that are available. Remove link if you so wish)

Yeah I couldnt get their download either, and when I did it was corrupt. Hopefully this wont happen next time they release.
    Talk about out of the blue! I wasnt expecting another album until next year, this is quite a nice surprise, currently listening to the new album

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Another album already?! :eek:

They already released two in the last year or 18 months didn't they?

Big change from when it was taking him three or four years per album

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

orestes wrote: »
    Another album already?! :eek:

They already released two in the last year or 18 months didn't they?

Big change from when it was taking him three or four years per album

in fairness trent isn't on mad drugs anymore :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

I like Ghosts III the best.
    flogen wrote: »
    The link doesn't actually appear to be a one time download link, as I've started downloads from it a few times... problem being they keep completing prematurely.

Same thing was happening me. If you read the update to the blog post on nin.com, it seems they removed the "one-timeness" of the links because of the server problem.

And shipping on the $10 CD is $13 to Ireland :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

last NIN album was utter ****e. I hope this one is back to the glory days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Year Zero was ****e, listening to the sample tracks ans it sounds alright, but nothing mind blowing yet. I can see myself listening to it though.

For anyones info, it's a 36 track instrumental. And Trent is off the drugs? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

last NIN album was utter ****e. I hope this one is back to the glory days

i thought it wasnt that bad *dives for cover*

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

gucci wrote: »
    i thought it wasnt that bad *dives for cover*

Neither did I. Not great, but not Marilyn Manson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

Year Zero was fantastic. I am loving Ghosts too. Took ages to download, I got the $75 ($124 with shipping), but well worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Really enjoyed this album, a return to form after years in the wilderness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

i cant wait for it feckin download, ITS TAKING RIDICULOUSLY LONG! :)

i got the €23-49 version ($10 plus shipping)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

John wrote: »
    Really enjoyed this album, a return to form after years in the wilderness.

With Teeth as Year Zero were both great IMO

What didn't you like about them?

ive heard comparisons to coldplay regarding With Teeth

im loving Ghosts at the moment,
    (along with alot of the NIN back catalogue that i have)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

Fad wrote: »
    ive heard comparisons to coldplay regarding With Teeth

Hum, I know you are not saying that yourself. Such a comparison would have to be made by a person who had listened to neither. Said person would also be an idiot.

Loved With Teeth, liked Year Zero less but still thought it was a strong album. Ghosts is something new- really enjoying it. Got the limited version on order, cant wait.

• Advertisement

Hum, I know you are not saying that yourself. Such a comparison would have to be made by a person who had listened to neither. Said person would also be an idiot.

Loved With Teeth, liked Year Zero less but still thought it was a strong album. Ghosts is something new- really enjoying it. Got the limited version on order, cant wait.

of course i didnt say it myself i dont mind either of them but the pijnt is that they pail in comparison to something like The Downward Spiral

but as i said i do see Ghosts as a return to form

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Finally got it
    For me, it's easily better than Year Zero, and might just edge out With Teeth
    Surprisingly good. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭stakey

This is a great piece of music and really lands us in some of the stuff that was hinted at in The Fragile. I've always wanted a chill out instrumental NIN album and here Trent delivers. As per the debate regarding being back to form, I don't believe NIN have ever been off form. Each album is an experiment in a different direction in itself and really shows the influence both NIN are making and have picked up by other artists.

Still, this album, top notch stuff to listen to when working on stuff through the nite!

stakey wrote: »
    Still, this album, top notch stuff to listen to when working on stuff through the nite!

Haha thats what I thought, Great background music when doing projects etc :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

judas101 wrote: »
    With Teeth as Year Zero were both great IMO

What didn't you like about them?

They weren't very good, that's what I didn't like about them! The Fragile was one of the best albums I've ever bought, the right mixture between experimentation and solid songwriting. The limited album Still that came after showed that Trent could write some damn fine music. Then With Teeth came out and it's like he gave up trying to innovative. Boring stadium rock crap. Year Zero was better but it was far from a return to form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭SameDifference

NIN are one of the hardest bands to describe...

Trent has come out with a comp (Well they are calling it a "festival") for the new album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYDUk0ESwt4

Basically he's looking for fans to make videos for each of the 36 tracks on the new album. He will go through them all and select the best. The selected video (might) become the official video for the track.

Comp entries to be submitted onto you-tube @ -
    http://www.youtube.com/group/ninghosts

Brilliant idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

I bought the $300 version, and the $10 version :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

what do you get with the $300 version?

all the samples and clips for your own mixes is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

popup_product_ultradeluxe.jpg

Advertisement