Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Big Kick Off

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

SantryRed wrote: »
    To be honest I think a lot of people are underestimating Shels for going up this season. Suits us fine though as it should mean a lot of people will be focusing on Dundalk and Waterfords form instead of us.

Well at the start of the season anyways.
    Wouldn't say anybodys underestimating Shels. General consensus is that 1 of Dundalk Waterford or Shels will win the division with a few people picking Sporting Fingal as their dark horses. Shels are 3rd favourites with the bookies @7/2. Personally I see Limerick as dark horses not Fingal. They had a decent season last year and if they can build on that they'll defo finish top 3 anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Pighead wrote: »
    Sh*te they are alright. Fortunately we're less sh*te than all the other teams in the 1st Division which means that Dundalk Fc will be in the Premier next season. Ah yes, thanks for the memories 1st Division but its time the lilywhites moved on up.

Of course you will. I have heard this every season since you went down and the only year you were approaching competitive on the pitch was the season that didn't matter.

The reality is you are at your level for a club of your size. Mid-table in the first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Personally I see Limerick as dark horses not Fingal. They had a decent season last year and if they can build on that they'll defo finish top 3 anyway.
    Yeah, I'd agree with that alright, but also Fingal, they do have a decent enough squad there.

The five clubs will be fairly close, with Monaghan maybe pushing a bit too.

But, I can see Shels doing the biz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

DesF wrote: »
    Yeah, I'd agree with that alright, but also Fingal, they do have a decent enough squad there.

The five clubs will be fairly close, with Monaghan maybe pushing a bit too.

But, I can see Shels doing the biz.

I think that it will be a three horse race with Shels, Dundalk and Waterford to be honest.
    Don't think there's any other teams good enough to challenge.
    I think Limerick are going to come 7th or 8th to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Of course you will. I have heard this every season since you went down and the only year you were approaching competitive on the pitch was the season that didn't matter.

The reality is you are at your level for a club of your size. Mid-table in the first.
    Nah as you said yourself we've signed the players from Rovers who won this division a couple of years ago. Time to face facts OhNoYouDidnt, Oriel Park is gonna be on your list of clubs to visit next season(assuming Shamrock Rover(aciever)s don't get relegated this time around.

The Futures White, The Futures Oriel.

Nah as you said yourself we've signed the players from Rovers who won this division a couple of years ago. Time to face facts OhNoYouDidnt, Oriel Park is gonna be on your list of clubs to visit next season(assuming Shamrock Rover(aciever)s don't get relegated this time around.

I still think yous are going to bottle it once again.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I think Limerick are going to come 7th or 8th to be honest.
    :eek:

They finished 4th last season

The top five will deffo be

Shels
    Dundalk
    Waterford
    Feck All
    Limerick

Then

Monaghan
    Longford

Then

Kildare
    Athlone
    Wexford Pinks

Not necessarily in that order. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

They wouldn't have gone down if it wasn't for the financial difficulties though.
    The team was good enough to stay in the league.

They would of come 7th without the 6 point decuction.

Very true. Nothing worse than finishing level with Galway the **** and seeing them still there. Actually winning three nil in the final game of the season knowing it was all in vain is worse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

I can safely predict, that barring the cup, I will be nowhere near that dump for many years. Thank God.

Your optimism is admirable, but the problems at Dundalk run far deeper than the first team on the pitch. Does it not strike you as odd that while clubs with a smaller fanbase like Cobh, Harps, Sligo and to an extent Drogheda are all a division above Dundalk, that you have stagnated, work started but never completed on your stadium and all sorts of property plays going on behind the scenes?

You need to get real about where your club fits into the scheme of things and have realistic aims will you move forwards.

• Advertisement

DesF wrote: »
    :eek:

They finished 4th last season

The top five will deffo be

Shels
    Dundalk
    Waterford
    Feck All
    Limerick

I'm serious with that prediction:D
    They went on a brilliant run during the season and brought them through it to get them were they finished.
    I honestly think they over achieved last season and will find themselves were they should be at the end of this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

I wouldn't view Kildare as a bottom 3 club. Think they'll finish above Limerick and Monaghan, possibly also Sporting Fingal and Longford if their new teams take too long to settle. Kilduff should do a good job for them.

Advertisement