Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

foam friendly adhesives ?

Options
  • 03-03-2008 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hello Wise All,

could anyone recommend me good adhesives for Depron (apart from 'cyano') ?

my current project involves gluing together foam sheets , then sanding them down to shape ...
    using epoxy makes it harder to sand joints ...
    cyano is good but expensive - and I need lots of it ...
    so, some kind of spray (100ml+) will be great ...

any ideas ?

Thanks, Dennis

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭DennisZ

one more thing - finishing ...

what do you, Folks, use for finishing sanded foam ... to make it nice and shining ...
    any magic bubbles (filler) added to painting ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

UHU Por is depron cement, lower cost than styro cyano, and still very fast.
    I get it at GreenHobbyModel for about half the cost of styro cyano. I'm sure it available at other places too.

There is also fibreglass resin which is "thin" epoxy glue, and paintable.

You could try thinning epoxy glue with methylated or white spirits, to make a weaker version. Should still be plenty strong enough for depron. If you do that, test it first to ensure the increased solvent level in the epoxy doesn't affect the materials.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 IceWind

Jamara has Depropor and GWS as glue like that they ship with their foam kits.
    But in the end i think is all the same.

I used the one from GWS to glue several depron parts and after sand down and create a wheel pant. The advantage is that is can be easily sanded.
    It takes a while to dry but after being dry is really strong!

normal_DSCF2973.JPG

normal_DSC00268.JPG

Advertisement