Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cant RECEIVE txts - k800i Meteor

• 03-03-2008 12:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Since I woke up sunday morning, I have not received a text. I got some saturday night but thats it. I can still make calls, receive calls and SEND texts, but i jsut cant RECEIVE texts.

Im on meteor with a Sony Ericsson k800i. can anyone help me here? I've had a quick google but nothing came up. Has anyone ever seen this before? could it be hardware? software? maybe some of the settings were screwy? I rang 1905 and they said they couldnt see anything wrong with my account.

any advice?

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭laoisfan

i have noticed that i am getting some texts and not receiving others. for those texts i am receiving i do not get them straight away. like if a person sends me one right now it could be 15-20 minutes before i receive it.

i have a SE W810i btw.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Not being smart, but ring Meteor. It sounds like a network issue.

(It's in the charter :))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I rang meteor yesterday. Your man said my account was fine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

put your sim in a different meteor phone and put the sim from that in yours.

if you can receive texts with your sim in the other phone and the other sim can't receive texts in your phone, then your phone is broken and you should bring it back to where you bought it

if you still can't receive texts with your sim in the other phone and the other sim can receive texts in yours, then the meteor guy was wrong and you should get them to escalate it to the technical team

if you can both receive texts with your sims in each other's phones then get a replacement sim card and see if that fixes the problem

ok i tried my sim in another fone. I was able to txt myself.

I tried another persons sim in my phone. not able to txt themselves.

looks like its the phone. :(

On another note, I was thinking it could be the settings so deleted all my settings and went to the meteor site to re-send the settings, only realising afterwards that i cant receive the settings as my receiver doesnt work, hence this thread! Same story obviously on the Sony Ericsson site. anyone who has a k800i care to type them up for me? I also tried getting them from the sticky on here but its not working for me. obviously the sticky is missing some settings!

• Advertisement

those settings are for picture messages and the internet. they're nothing to do with text messages.

the only other thing you can try is go into menu->messaging->settings->text message->service centre and make sure its set to +353857000000

but that shouldn't have any affect tbh because that's for sending messages. although you said you tested it by getting the phone to text itself with the other sim in. try texting a different number because if you text yourself you don't know if its the sending or receiving part that's not working

edit: also, try resetting the phone. you should back up any files you want to keep first

after backing up, go to menu->settings->master reset>reset all

i can't remember if it asks for a code at that point or not. i'll just have a quick google

edit2: try 0000

i've txted other ppl. they got the texts. i didnt even get a delivery report.

The_B_Man wrote: »
    i've txted other ppl. they got the texts. i didnt even get a delivery report.

right so give the reset a try. if you bring it back to where you bought it they'll wipe it anyway so you might as well

OK. Gonna wait til after 6 when i get home to wipe it. still have photos and themes on it that I wanna save.

If i do the master reset, will it get re-locked to O2? At the moment, the phone us unlocked, hence why i have a meteor sim on it.

The_B_Man wrote: »
    OK. Gonna wait til after 6 when i get home to wipe it. still have photos and themes on it that I wanna save.

If i do the master reset, will it get re-locked to O2? At the moment, the phone us unlocked, hence why i have a meteor sim on it.

it shouldn't. i'm basing that on this:
    http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=97799

i've never tried it so i can't guarantee 100% it won't but esato are usually reliable. also, a thread i came across suggested the code might be 000000 so try that too

• Advertisement

cool ill try it later. if that doesnt work, i'll hav to send it back to meteor or Sigma or whoever they are!

Advertisement