Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW 97' 3 series.. fan

Options
  • 03-03-2008 12:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭

Hi,

I've tried every breakers yard in dublin, meath & kildare. Can't get a second hand viscous fan for a 97' series 1.8ltr auto.. Anyone out there have one or could point me in the right direction..

thanks in advance..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Traynors?

did you price a new one? OTTO in Ranelagh or GSF

If you are looking in a breakers for a part like this, it might be difficult. Think to yourself why the car is in there in the first place....maybe head on damage and hence the fan is useless

for a part like this that could save your engine from overheating, I wouldn't take chances

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭stifz

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Traynors?

did you price a new one? OTTO in Ranelagh or GSF

If you are looking in a breakers for a part like this, it might be difficult. Think to yourself why the car is in there in the first place....maybe head on damage and hence the fan is useless

for a part like this that could save your engine from overheating, I wouldn't take chances

400 euro.. Its a 97' with 120k. I ain't spending 400quid on a plastic fan for an 11 yr old car. Thanks for the link though. It seems a little to far to travel for it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

stifz wrote: »
    400 euro.. Its a 97' with 120k. I ain't spending 400quid on a plastic fan for an 11 yr old car. Thanks for the link though. It seems a little to far to travel for it though.

€400 Sounds crazy money....

what part are you looking for? I presume your looking for the viscus fan clutch??? They are only around €50. Or are you looking for the plastic fan blades which bold onto the viscus fan clutch?

Its easy to change just remember its a left hand thread, and you need something to hold the water pump pully and a nice 32mm flat spanner...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭stifz

€400 Sounds crazy money....

what part are you looking for? I presume your looking for the viscus fan clutch??? They are only around €50. Or are you looking for the plastic fan blades which bold onto the viscus fan clutch?

Its easy to change just remember its a left hand thread, and you need something to hold the water pump pully and a nice 32mm flat spanner...

Just the plastic fan blades. Just found one about an hour ago. Cheers anyway.

Advertisement