Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where to buy?? LEAD-ACID BATTERIES

Options
  • 03-03-2008 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hey

Badly need to get hold of some lead-acid batteries.

Specifically panasonic 'valve regulated lead acid battery' 12Vt

Have no idea where to start looking? ANyone know where might do these?

Thanks alot

PS_ Its not for a car, just thought here would be good place to ask
    PPS_ Have tried panasonic ireland- not very helpful

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I just put it into Google, and there are loads of results.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Ecocabbie

Anan1 wrote: »
    I just put it into Google, and there are loads of results.

thanks, loads of results, i ahve of course tried google already.
    I am however looking for somewhere in Ireland to get these and google hasnt produced yet..

Alun wrote: »

Thanks Alun, i had actually tried Maplins in town already- they dont do panasonic leadacid batteries..

Thanks for your help anyway

Ecocabbie wrote: »
    Thanks Alun, i had actually tried Maplins in town already- they dont do panasonic leadacid batteries..

Thanks for your help anyway
    Why does it have to be a Panasonic one? Lead acid batteries are lead acid batteries when it comes down to it, unless it's a very specific size or something?

• Advertisement

Why does it have to be a Panasonic one? Lead acid batteries are lead acid batteries when it comes down to it, unless it's a very specific size or something?

yes, not only a VERY specific size but also has to be panasonic to keep warranty cover. But yes, main reason is the exact size.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭D20903

What size is the battery - Volts, Amps & dimensions?

What equipment is it being used in - it does not sound right that the battery has to be a particular brand in order to maintain a warranty; unless its Eircom Phonewatch equipment that you're trying to replace the battery in?

D20903 wrote: »
    What size is the battery - Volts, Amps & dimensions?

What equipment is it being used in - it does not sound right that the battery has to be a particular brand in order to maintain a warranty; unless its Eircom Phonewatch equipment that you're trying to replace the battery in?

Hey D20903, this is it:
    http://www.panasonic-industrial.com/public/eu/en/product-range/1/23/26/LCXD1217PGAPG.html

Thats the exact one.. now just want to find somewhere in ireland that would stock them. Im thinking it may be more difficult than i thought though

What is the application?

What is the application?

to power a Heinzman electric assist motor hub fitted inside a passenger tricycle

• Advertisement

Found this ...

http://www.battery-force.co.uk/detail_PSPS12001G.html

It's not an original panasonic but it's sold as a replacement and is exactly the same size and has the same terminals. I don't know what the p&p would be like though.

EDIT: cancel that, the buggers only deliver to UK addresses :(

Found this ...

http://www.battery-force.co.uk/detail_PSPS12001G.html

It's not an original panasonic but it's sold as a replacement and is exactly the same size and has the same terminals. I don't know what the p&p would be like though.

EDIT: cancel that, the buggers only deliver to UK addresses :(

even so alun thanks thats a good find! dimensions are exact same. Thanks. Will continue and see if theres anything else i can find

If you Google "Power-Sonic PS12170" there are a good few hits coming up from various mail order places in the UK .. one of them must ship to Ireland I'd imagine!

thanks will do

If you can use an alternative manufacturers battery they are available through Security equipment wholesalers nationwide - the battery is a 'standard' 12V 17AH size. If you need Panasonic you'll have to mail order one in from the UK as nobody distributes them here.

I'm still curious as to why you need Panasonic to maintain the warranty on your equipment - have you got documentation from the manufacturer specifically stating that? The only unusual feature of the Panasonic battery is that it has a long life for the battery size (normally 5-8 years) apart from that its standard.

Could you explain the application for the battery a little better - i.e. what does it actually do?

If you can use an alternative manufacturers battery they are available through Security equipment wholesalers nationwide - the battery is a 'standard' 12V 17AH size. If you need Panasonic you'll have to mail order one in from the UK as nobody distributes them here.

I'm still curious as to why you need Panasonic to maintain the warranty on your equipment - have you got documentation from the manufacturer specifically stating that? The only unusual feature of the Panasonic battery is that it has a long life for the battery size (normally 5-8 years) apart from that its standard.

Could you explain the application for the battery a little better - i.e. what does it actually do?

PM sent thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭buzzard

Go on to www.radionics.ie

stock number 533-9729

It is not a panasonic brand but it is the exact size and rating, probably the same manufacturer just re-badged.

Advertisement