Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Changing my TyTN

• 03-03-2008 1:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

Anyone care to give me some feedback on alternatives to the TyTN? Mine is sim free and I would like to avail of a Vodafone billpay upgrade. I like the TyTN and one of my top priorities is a qwerty keyboard. I don't like the battery life on the TyTN! With bluetooth headset in place, I don't get a full day, which sucks.

Vodafone have the following at present;

Samsung F700
    Nokia E61i
    Blackberry 8100
    Blackberry 8310

If I didn't go with Voda ones, there is the TyTN II or Blackberry 8820 (which I would prefer to the ones Voda have)

I would also like the N95 even though it doesn't have qwerty just because it seems to be a great phone with so much tech.

GPS would be nice also as I am constantly getting lost when driving:)

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Had an e61 for almost 2 yrs - it's the best phone in terms of what it claims to do and actually doing it!!!(while I've been using the e61 I also had a tytn, n95/8, treo 750v etc etc...always returned to e61!!!) And it's soooooo blo*dy sturdy
    of those on voda's list the e61i is the only choice - unless the f700 is right for you as it comes out of the box (because remember: you can't add any fancy 3rd party programmes or personalise it...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭iwb

That's great feedback. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Welcome!
    Check this link also(this very board!):
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054965257&referrerid=59211

N95/8 is a fantastic phone, but I've found it incredibly difficult to go back to 3x4 after a few months with the e's qwerty... To the extent that I rarely even touch my n95... Maybe you wait for e71? It's the e61's follow up, and judging by Nokia's gps obsession, it WILL feature gps... It's rumoured to be out in the 2nd half of 08 on vodafone (as the leaked spec sheet had vodafone written all over it...)
    but anyway: if I had to choose NOW between any voda-handset for, say, FREE, or pay full price for an e61i, I'd gladly pay for the e61i! (a friend of mine went through n95/8 and an e90 and an iphone, before returning to an e61!!! That's what happens if trendy fashions are not your priority...)
    either way,
    good luck with whatever you choose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

What about a TyTN II? :D Great device, but if you want to try something different have a look at the HTC Cavalier. I had one of these for a few months and it's superb. The full qwerty keyboard will spoil you and the speed and responsivness of the device is great too.

The TyTN II though, this is a great device, not very different from what you've got but battery life is improved, you also get a 3MP camera, built-in GPS and you can unlock yourself. Also you get to keep your exisiting applications which is a bonus.

Cheerio

Advertisement