Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new smart packages

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Great news! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I would much rather smart become available in more exchanges, they are still only available to a handfull of the lucky few.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Well hopefully Smart stop treating their SmartVision (fibre to the basement with IPTV) customers like second class citizens.

While the Smart DSL customers have been able to get upto 7mb BB and now up to 15mb BB and free local and national calls, SmartVision customers have been artificially limited to just 3.5mb BB and have to pay per minute for every phone call they make :mad:

Never mind the awful TV service.

It seems when Smart have a monopoly, they treat their customers just as badly as Eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Does this mean price increases to existing smart customers??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,287 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Seen a comment on the Smart forums from FRLinux, the packages are already available from customer support.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Doesn't appear to be anything there for the Smartvision customers paying 75 a month for a crap service in Smart's 'monopoly' areas.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Smart's less than half arséd rollout is their real problem. How many exchanges do they plan to unbundle this year...2?

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Couch Potato

Seems to be confusion now ?????????

Smart pricing from their website :

http://www.smarttelecom.ie/residential_package.html

Shows 15mb bb - Special Offer = 55 euro excluding line rental

Media quotes for 15mb bb :

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/news/news.nv?storyid=single10419

"The company also said it will be launching a 15Mbps product for €45 per month plus line rental (€25.36), bringing the cost to €70.36 a month."

Also :

http://www.businessworld.ie/livenews.htm?a=2051689;s=rollingnews.htm

"The pricing structure of the broadband package is, according to Smart, the most competitive offering in the market with the 4Mb available for E15 per month up to the 15Mb for E45 per month."

ok - appears to include voice calls for 10 euro

BUT - Broadband only is 75 euro (click on Standard Prices) ?????????? -

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭pjproby

http://www.smarttelecom.ie/residential_package.html

there appears to be an option to get even higher speeds for an extra €10 per month-or am i misreading the info.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

That add on increases the upload to 1Mpbs, it doesn't affect the download speed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

1Mb upload for €10 extra, sweet! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

I would assume that it's €10 per month. Not really worth it, if you ask me. But nobody did :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Oh, I agree with you. If it's once off then it's not too bad. If it's monthly though thats crap. Personally I think the upload should be increasing with the download and the top package should have 1Mb upload.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

I'd be surprised if it was just a €10 once off and not €10 extra per month. I don't think it's too bad at a tenner per month for 1Mb upload (particularly if you don't want a large download speed or your line can't handle more than 4Mb or so down), although €5 a month for 1Mb up would certainly be a lot nicer!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Despite the price the upload add-on is tempting. The upload speeds on the standard package are crap. I don't even get the advertised 256Kps anymore. It should be 350Kps+ at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭tonton-bob

Wow that's confusing for me :D

I'm already on the 6M package ( and happy with it) , will I get 5€ off my current bill ( 25€ line rental + 15€ 3m basic package + 10€ upgrade to 6M ) :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Great whats next 30mb/1mb

Upload speed is pathetic

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,287 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

joePC wrote: »
    Great whats next 30mb/1mb

Upload speed is pathetic

1meg up is the limit of ADSL2+, nothing Smart can do about that.

Advertisement