Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Do people just not pay attention?

Options
  • 03-03-2008 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭

Honestly....
    I've encountered a good few silly drivers,
    this one being one of the closest calls.
    And again last night - I'm at a T junction, waiting to turn right - I'm first, the other lanes have the green light, and all of a sudden this lady turns from the right and she's heading straight for me! Not in the side - but head on -- I blasted my horn and she stopped a foot or so short of my bonnet. She'd children in the front and back of the car - I'd hate to think what might have happened.

Yet she blinked and looked around as if surprised to find herself in front of me. I have no idea where she thought she was going. She then had to reverse and drive around me, a quick wave of her hand and on she went.

I was confounded as to how she managed it. If there had been no one in my lane she'd have gone up onto the kerb and hit railings/pole.
    Do people just not pay enough attention? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

She probably tried to do something dangerous, like reversing, and ended up getting lost & confused... Wimmen drivers, eh!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Gegerty

Keep your wits about you. Nearly lost a family member due to someone breaking a red light.....keep your wits about you. If you stay focused and concentrate you'll have more chance of avoiding idiots like this when they trample upon you. And keep your speed down, its not just about crashing slower but its also about giving yourself time to react.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Had something similar last week at the junction of Clonshaugh rd and the Oscar Traynor rd. I was waiting to turn right onto OT rd beside Northside s.c. I was the last car in the queue between the lights and the yellow box for cars going in and out of centre car park.
    This part of the road has four lanes,turning left,turning right, heading onto Oscar Traynor rd,on the other side you've a straight on lane and a lane for turning right into carpark.
    Some gob****e pulls out of carpark,comes around the back of me and blindly(I'm in a van)turns and heads up the turning right into carpark lane opposite to the taffic flow for that lane.
    He just sat there waiting for the lights to turn green while every car turning right off the Oscar Traynor road had to drive around him then get back into the lane they wanted.Luckily all the other drivers spotted him and nothing came of it but how anyone in control of a car could do something so stupid boggles the mind.

Advertisement