Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice - printer that can take 300 gsm

Options
  • 03-03-2008 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any advice re a printer that can take 300gsm?

It's for printing on invitation cards. A heavy duty printer isn't needed.

All advice appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Printing is far from my strong point but from my understanding an inkjet printer would be preferable to a laser printer because they require bending the paper more during the printing process. Also I think you will need to find an inkjet with back feed which means that it will have the ability to take the sheet backwards in from where the printed sheet would normally come. That way it doesnt have to get bent by the feeder mechanism.

There are a lot more people on this forum that would know a lot more on the matter than me so hang around to see what they say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

epson r1800 / r2400 will - i have tested this, it's far from cheap to use though. If you had regular runs of these you should consider getting a decent digital printer such as an oki 3640 (i think is the number)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Rhodney

or we can print it for you.

Advertisement