Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fav Class and why!

Options
  • 03-03-2008 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

I've been lucky enough to dabble with most of the classes in wow and have played 4 of them to 70, Mage, Priest, Paladin, Rogue! I have a few more 40 somthings but nothing special.

I ALWAYS seem to go back to my mage for some weird reason I think pvping it's one of the most fun and versatile classes to play and one of the more skilled ones also.

Any way, forums been dull as of late so input welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Its probably mage for me as well, although rogue comes a close second. Mage is so much fun in both PvP and PvE, and there is nothing better than aoeing a load of mobs or allies :).

Leveled mage, hunter, rogue and druid to 70, warrior and shammy to 60, everything else to at least 40, pally is by a mile my least favorite class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Gotta be a hunter for me. So easy to lvl and great for pvp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

Shammies! So much fun if you spec towards enhancement. I quite like boomkins too.

Levelling a mage at the moment, finding it really fun.

I think the only class I don't like is Warrior, they're just so boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

Id have to agree with Weidii, It has to be shammy definatly.

I only have 3 proper toons, a Holy Pally, my enhancement shammy and a rouge. While i've played all but the mage class to 30. (i dont think i've actually played a mage class properly yet) I've enjoyed playing the shammy the most.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ive levelled up rogue,hunter,warrior to 70,priest [currently 68],lock 50,pala 54, druid and shammy i havent touched at all.
    Have a lowly lvl 18 mage form way back,might try lvl him sometime.
    Overall i think i prefer hunter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Mage or Druid - worst class imo, is probably Pala. So boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

I only have one toon and that is a lvl 70 hunter. I always wanted to try to lvl a Warlock but mostly a Mage. I just think it be such a waste of time due to my Hunter been a Ranged DPS, why should i roll another ranged DPS ?? what do you guys think ??

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I think I'm the only person out there who absolutely loves her paladin - or maybe I'm just stupidly attached to the class because I played it for so long. Enjoy playing my shadowpriest too.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

Have 6 70's atm (Paladin, Warrior, Hunter, Shaman, Mage & Druid) and a Rogue languishing @ 67 since last May (which was my first char funnily enough). I have to agree with Lakirby - the Paladin is my favourite. Too much time/effort/memories for me to favour anything over him. That said I spend alot of time on my Shaman (currently healing their way through collecting some decent Enhance gear) and my Mage (grinding out some PvP 'welfare epics' cos a Frost mage is so much fun in PvP :D ).

A lot of people who dislike playing paladins have never really had a chance to play one end-game, especially as Protection which was the spec that saved me from dumping my own paladin after 'healbotting' my way through MC/BWL/AQ40 pre-TBC and, initially, not seeing a viable raid role besides that after hitting 70. The additional benefit of watching rogues and warriors beat themselves to death off me is just icing :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Have 70 priest and warrior, and have a 41 mage. Also have lock and hunter that are around 20, but I just ignore them these days. I would have to say that I love my mage the most. I have specced fire crit and am having tremendous fun levelling. Every time I kill a mob, I feel like I'm wielding an invisible rocket launcher and love the satisfaction of clearing away 5 mobs without losing health.

As soon as summer comes, I reckon I'll be back levelling my mage, but if I want to experience TBC raiding before WotLK comes out, I might have to go back to my priest and warrior.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Have a bunch of characters on multiple servers, blah, blah, blah... epeen++

All in all, I dont have a favourite class. I do however have favourite specs. For example, I'd rather gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon than heal with my paladin, but I enjoy tanking with it more than I do with my warrior. Likewise, Healing on my priest is a genuine joy albeit not as much as my druid, but shadow is nowhere near as much fun as my mage. Rogues are amazing in PvP. With the right build and a certain modicum of skill you can beat almost every class with one. Similarly with the mage, to an extent, except you look much cooler doing it ;)

And warriors are not boring. They are one of the most fun pvp classes out there. Big damage, big numbers, get stronger the longer the fight goes on and you get to carry around a big weapon. For me, thats the very definition of awesome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Although I'm quite inexperienced playing it a druid has to be my favourite class at the moment simply because of the versatility of the class, you can fill pretty much any role well with the right spec and gear, caster dps, melee dps, healer or tank. Close second is my main class priest, also have a fondness for pallys though I've never played one.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

Ivan wrote: »
    Have a bunch of characters on multiple servers, blah, blah, blah... epeen++

Heh - I was mostly making the point that I was basing my comment off a fair amount of experience of the classes then anything else, personally Ivan ;) I'm a firm believer that unless you've played a class in end-game that you don't have a great idea of its potential or possibilities. It also has to be said that since there are glide programs to level chars from 1-70 (which requires no skill) that having a number of lvl 70 chars doesn't really indicate any skill but more likely indicates that I spend far too much time playing WoW :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

I play nearly every class going (apart from priest & Paladin .... HATE HATE HATE priest & pally!!!!), but I always end up back with my Mage.

The mage offers way more versatility than people realise. You can transport yourself around quickly to hand in quests all over, be your own provider of food & water, solo very very well, BG exceptionally well if you know what you're doing & yes, you can theoretically tank as a Mage. I know this sounds odd, but I've recently been able to go into WSG & stand there & take abuse from a group of players for some time while dealing out outrageous damage ..... (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ravenholdt&n=Zaijira for those interested to see what I am playing with!)

Mage is possibly the best class there is imho ..... and this was a class that I really bitched about for 1-20. The pain i felt of 1-20 was worth it for the stage I am at now, and even now I've just hit outland in the last 48 hours, it has made such a difference being able to move around zones with teleporting.

you really notice how much versatility a Mage offers when you play other classes & go on handing in quests or escaping danger ..... no blink, no teleport, no quick mana regens (evocation), crowd control (poly/frostnova etc)

simple ... MAGE FTW!!!!!

:::: ven0mous ::::

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

I think I'm the only person out there who absolutely loves her paladin - or maybe I'm just stupidly attached to the class because I played it for so long. Enjoy playing my shadowpriest too.

Nope your not the only one. I love my pally too. He's only 55 but i like the class. If there isnt a priest around im usually asked many times to go on runs. Its fun being the pally and hey you cant say no to a free horse at level 40 now can you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Have a 70 mage priest and warrior and my favorite is probably the mage, certainly from a pve perspective. For pvp the warrior edges it.
    ven0m wrote: »
    I know this sounds odd, but I've recently been able to go into WSG & stand there & take abuse from a group of players for some time while dealing out outrageous damage .....

Trust me, that changes when you reach 70 :)

Dustaz wrote: »

Trust me, that changes when you reach 70 :)

guess I better just enjoy it while I can so and earn them tokens like a mofo ..... LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Evac101 wrote: »
    Heh - I was mostly making the point that I was basing my comment off a fair amount of experience of the classes then anything else, personally Ivan ;) I'm a firm believer that unless you've played a class in end-game that you don't have a great idea of its potential or possibilities. It also has to be said that since there are glide programs to level chars from 1-70 (which requires no skill) that having a number of lvl 70 chars doesn't really indicate any skill but more likely indicates that I spend far too much time playing WoW :o

While that would be a fair point, if the question were: "What do you think is the most powerful class/best class?" Since the question was, "what is your favourite class?" then personal opinion is of course going to come into it, to a large degree. I highly doubt there is a WoW player out there that has played each class to 70 and to a sufficient degree that they can speak expertly on each class' strengths and weaknesses. I'm close, but I'm no ordinary WoW player... I'm SuperWoWMan...

This comment wasnt directed at you, was merely a comentary on how these type of threads usually start with people saying: "I have 99 level 70's and therefore my opinion is more important that yours!" :p

guess I better just enjoy it while I can so and earn them tokens like a mofo ..... LOL

Or you could just spend those levels learning to not just "stand there and take it" and instead learn to play like a mage :)

P.s. +Healing has no effect for Mages and while the bonus stats on the ring and helm are decent considering your level, they arent worth the mockery that comes with wearing +healing gear.

P.p.s /mock

This has been a public service announcement by SuperWoWMan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

i have a 70 warr that i sumtimes use for pvp, have some of the welfare epics and the pvp weapons, started a hunter around xmas, hes only at 55 now, had soooooooo much fun at 29, 39 and in particular 49 owning alliance that i spent ages in pvp. have about 6000 honour points im lettin build up for the welfare epics when i hit 70, have the epic bracers, have the epic sword 2h that drops as two 1h in zf, just got real lucky when a friend was running me through it, only 3 runs and i got both!!.

have to say, the hunter is a million times more fun than the warrior was lvling and in pvp, hunter is almost invincible, good pet, bm spec and u can kill any class.

the only class that comes close to killing me is a rogue, only if they get up close to me aswell, my scorpid usually catches the little sh!tes before i can see em or get em with my flare!!

hunter all the way for me. (oh and i have played most other classes to late twenties or thirties, and i do plan on lvling most some day!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

My fav class is Deathknight cos its IMBA

• Advertisement

Ivan wrote: »
    Or you could just spend those levels learning to not just "stand there and take it" and instead learn to play like a mage :)

P.s. +Healing has no effect for Mages and while the bonus stats on the ring and helm are decent considering your level, they arent worth the mockery that comes with wearing +healing gear.

P.p.s /mock

This has been a public service announcement by SuperWoWMan

you're one of those L2P jockeys in BG ..... newsflash ... I know "H2P", but it's nice sometimes to frustrate the crap out of opposing players who expect someone to play "one way" because of class ........ and especially when I was at 57 in A.V. I was so used to seeing the same players over & over, they had come to understand how I was playing, & were sometimes able to antitpicate how I was going to react ......... :D

I know the healing is useless on the gear, but it had pickup points on other stats that were useful........... it was about getting the best from what was immediately available. Plus, I needed to put the character in some sort of position to benefit of being level 58 in outland to maximise on XP gains, as I am not fond of questing & prefer to run around killing stuff instead .....

oh

/fart back at you :-p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

I'd bet some players are frustrated and baffled when you try to tank them lol, more like slightly aroused and closer to their s1 shoulders

Funky wrote: »
    I'd bet some players are frustrated and baffled when you try to tank them lol, more like slightly aroused and closer to their s1 shoulders

Hahah.

Funky wrote: »

yes, & my 2400+ kills of course in no way reflect that ;)

it makes things easier for suicide runs dealing out shedloads of dmg, or nova-ing people while other casters can work safely...... honestly you people have such a limited view of 'how a class can be played'. even at level 54 I was pwning level 60 mages in BG because of the whole 'oh I must play like this mentality' ........ even now I am having no problems pwning equal level classes one on one unpredictablity ftw!!! :D

yes, & my 2400+ kills of course in no way reflect that ;)

it makes things easier for suicide runs dealing out shedloads of dmg, or nova-ing people while other casters can work safely...... honestly you people have such a limited view of 'how a class can be played'. even at level 54 I was pwning level 60 mages in BG because of the whole 'oh I must play like this mentality' ........ even now I am having no problems pwning equal level classes one on one unpredictablity ftw!!! :D

I somehow doubt you were owning lvl 60's while you were a lvl 54. As in yoru lvl group lvl 59's are the highest allowed in with you. But i know what your saying about playing a class. My main is a 69 hunter, and its quite versatile, Granted that it cant cast. But it can tank for a short period of time ( more when BM spec )

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

somehow doubt you were owning lvl 60's while you were a lvl 54. As in yoru lvl group lvl 59's are the highest allowed in with you.
    Actually your wrong there, when i was BGing at 54 i was against some level 60's not sure if it was AB or AV though. Think it was AB.:D

Really ?

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

yeah honestly it was the first i had seen of it as well. Maybe its a new thing to fill numbers or something but it was peak time saturday afternoon so i dont know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

honestly you people have such a limited view of 'how a class can be played'.

yea i can equip my resto shaman in half melee gear, half spell damage gear and go round owning newbs with earth shield on... unfortunately outside AV this innovative class idea would be absolute garbage.

we're not limited in our ideas of how classes can be played, rather, we know the ways that classes can be played

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

yeah honestly it was the first i had seen of it as well. Maybe its a new thing to fill numbers or something but it was peak time saturday afternoon so i dont know.

It can be done by abusing the queue system.

Advertisement