Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature trees

Options
  • 03-03-2008 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

Hi - have moved into a new house and the site is still very bare etc. Have it all in grass but needs some substance.

I was thinking of adding in some mature trees. I believe that I still have time - but can anyone recommend a good supplier of mature trees - not a garden centre - but perhaps a nursery or something like that. I am in Kildare

Also - would you have any recommendations of what I should / could plant. I am living in the middle of the country and do not want to plant anything that looks very out of place (eg palms etc!!)

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,688 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

ashbrook garden centre on the N2, a few miles north of ashbourne, had 20 foot tall bare root trees (birch, oak, acer, etc.) for €40 each a month or two back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Why buy from a Garden centre when you'll get better choice, better quality and better price from a nursery. Flannerys's Nurseries Donadea Kildare is one but there are others.

Besides Garden Centres will rarely sell above 6/8 Girth, whereas what you'll be looking for is 12/14 or larger.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭twenty8

Thanks - I will check out Flannerys this weekend.
    I agree about Garden Centres - way too pricy!

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭mr.wiggle

Hi Guys, don't want to start a new thread on the same thing.
    Does anyone know where i could find similar large trees in north cork?

Thanks. W.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭wasim21k

Sonnenblumen do u mind to give adress for this place i as looking for same for my back garden.
    Why buy from a Garden centre when you'll get better choice, better quality and better price from a nursery. Flannerys's Nurseries Donadea Kildare is one but there are others.

Besides Garden Centres will rarely sell above 6/8 Girth, whereas what you'll be looking for is 12/14 or larger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭twenty8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

mr.wiggle wrote: »

Not sure if they do larger rootballed trees - but if not, i'm sure they can advise you as to where to source. Future Forests in W. Cork. Have found them very helpful and good value. Had next day delivery - although have yet to see the goods (until tomorrow) as away working.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Bozacke

Can't seem to access Flannery's web page, it appears that they only sell to resellers and don't sell to the General public, even though I have a very large site and looking to buy a lot of trees & shrubs, probably more than some small Garden centres, typical Irish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Oakchurch, no web site, in Hill Road, South Green, Kildare town. Mature trees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Flyman

They sell to the public,ok. I live down the road and have used them myself. Good value

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Flyman

They sell to the public, ok .I live down the road and use them myself. Good value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 flannerys

hi guys
    flannerys do sell trees to the public
    small medium large and huge....
    contact them @ 045869131
    they have a clearance sale on at the min and will be more than helpfull
    there is only 3/4 weeks left in the bare root/ rootball session guys and stock is running low
    hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 flannerys

p.s they deliver nationwide every week:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Irish Trees

mr.wiggle wrote: »

the Irish Tree Centre is in North Cork

http://www.treecentre.ie

mature ornamental trees and full service offered. Delighted to hear from you at any time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kinbark

Kinbark Nurseries deliver to Cork.

They grow mature and semi mature trees.

www.kinbark.ie

Advertisement