Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW e46 lowering springs

Options
  • 03-03-2008 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭

Hi boys and girls...

It's the last mod I'm making to my e46 318ci coupé
    and I really don't want to fall at the last hurdle.

Any advice on the best set of springs and lowering
    offset for this car, which is on 18's.

Theres no rubbing at the arches because the wheel
    offset is perfect. I just wanted opinions on how low
    to go and what brand.

I've seen a set of Eibach (25mm front and 15mm rear)
    for 130 beans...

Many Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Eibachs are very popular - I've a set of Eibach pro ones on my e46 (also on 18"s). Got them supplied and fitted by AC Car Sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

would you not need to go with a shock/spring combo? will the OEM shocks hold out for long if your using lowering springs?

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

Eibach Pro Kit are designed to work with standard shocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

You have to agree with the Eibach Pro Kit springs and you can get them alot cheaper form German Ebay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

DaveD wrote: »
    Eibach Pro Kit are designed to work with standard shocks.

i understand they say that but i have no personal experience with lowering springs (only full coilovers) its just most people i know with lowering springs have had their shocks leak in a short period, i was just really asking the OP to check it out for his platform before he buys.

• Advertisement
Advertisement