Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fruit loops question

Options
  • 03-03-2008 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭

Hi,

We just downloaded the Demo of this to see how it is.. and we cant get the sound working. We load in a midi track and nothing happens. But if we open a fruit loops template is works and we can hear it ?

any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

It sounds like you just need to assign the MIDI track to an instrument. I don't know FL but it shouldn't be too difficult to do, I'm sure one of our FL-using regulars will be along to help out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭ICN

open a new template.

go up into channels on the top menu. Then go into "Add one.."

you've basically got sampler channels (for audio) & Instrument channels (like synths) for midi.

Choose an instrument such as SimSynth - and you're off.

The sampler channels are good for 1 hit drums like kicks, claps or hats.. or you can load samples into them and loop them up or whatever (never done that)

Have a mess around with different instruments - they have a good few synths in FL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

If you buy it, I would advise you go for the professional version for access to the mixer, piano roll, VTSi version, and other bits and bobs. The basic version is deffo far too crippled to be of much use.

Also the FL8 release candidate is out and I believe prices will go up (for the first tiome in absolutely ages) when it is released properly. Theres a free lifetime updates promise with it (I've had free updates now since v3 I think), so if you want to buy, now might be a good time. Make sure you don't buy the boxed version - that only comes with one free update.

Advertisement