Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Network

Options
  • 03-03-2008 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭

Are Groody & Brookfield connected to the college network and as such have internet access provided by heanet?

On a second note - what happened with the network this weekend???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

As far as I know the don't, it's a eircom/whoever connection.

It's only the on.campus villages that are on the UL backbone.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭digiking

Hmm, Yeah i suppose - I was just curious cos there was a workgroup showing up with computers in it called groody in the csis cafe there today - come to think of it mite have just been one of the group who lives in groodys laptop making the workgroup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

digiking wrote: »
    Are Groody & Brookfield connected to the college network and as such have internet access provided by heanet?

On a second note - what happened with the network this weekend???

No Groody and Brookfield are not connected to the UL data network.

I dunno what did happen with the network this weekend?
    kaimera wrote: »
    As far as I know the don't, it's a eircom/whoever connection.

If I remember correctly it was an Eircom connection in Brookfield.
    digiking wrote: »
    Hmm, Yeah i suppose - I was just curious cos there was a workgroup showing up with computers in it called groody in the csis cafe there today - come to think of it mite have just been one of the group who lives in groodys laptop making the workgroup.

You're catching on :p

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭digiking

Catching On...Yeah - i'm just a first year you know - who's had the luxuary of living in thomond - so i was just wondering is it just the on campus people get the sweet internet connection like we do!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Nutty

courtyard deff runs on eircom...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

What the hell happened yesterday? Heard the network was even down in the library. Bit ridiculous for a university no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

I stopped over for a while in Limerick while I was on my way back from Kilkee. I had a large hammer with me and someone let me into ITDs comms room.

Network maintenance perhaps scheduled for a Sunday when there would be hopefully as little disruption as possible?

Advertisement