Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation OConnell Street/Abbey Street

Options
  • 03-03-2008 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭

Could anyone reccommend accommodation hotel/b&b in o'connell/abbey/gardiner street at reasonable rate for 1 person for 1night...heading up for a 1day exam and dont need anything real expensive as i'll have my head in my books most the evening/night

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Change your name and I'll think about it

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭the boss of me

I'd recommend the Days Hotel on Talbot St. It's a two star hotel about 200 meters from the Spire on OConnell St. Might be a little more expensive than B&B , but do you really want to stay in some grotty b&b on Gardiner St. :eek:
    A doctor friend of mine stays here about three nights a week and says it's fine. Heres a link..

http://www.daysinn.com/DaysInn/control/index?variant=

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Collie D wrote: »
    Change your name and I'll think about it

:D as usual great relations with The Kingdom :D would you have any useful info to my initial question outside of your suggestion to change my name

I'd recommend the Days Hotel on Talbot St. It's a two star hotel about 200 meters from the Spire on OConnell St. Might be a little more expensive than B&B , but do you really want to stay in some grotty b&b on Gardiner St. :eek:
    A doctor friend of mine stays here about three nights a week and says it's fine. Heres a link..

http://www.daysinn.com/DaysInn/control/index?variant=

re:gardiner street...not really being honest. Just saw that street being within 7min walk to where i need to be for the exam. Your question though tells me to stay clear of that street, thanks for that tip ;)

cheers for that link, i'll suss it out now

kerry4sam wrote: »
    :D as usual great relations with The Kingdom :D would you have any useful info to my initial question outside of your suggestion to change my name

The Celtic Lodge on Talbot Street, have seen them offer midweek b and b for €65. That was a while ago but it seems cheap enough. No linkie for it though so you may want to use the auld Google

• Advertisement

cheers for the replies, apreciate them. The suggestion are saying to focus more on talbot street...Is it much of a walk to Upper Abbet Street from there?

kerry4sam wrote: »
    cheers for the replies, apreciate them. The suggestion are saying to focus more on talbot street...Is it much of a walk to Upper Abbet Street from there?

Not at all, five minutes max, ten if you're on crutches

:D that covers all eventualities for whatever condition i'm in at time of travelling :D cheers

Advertisement