Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

clamped at common area

Options
  • 03-03-2008 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

I am living at apartment complex and on Sunday left my car not at my parking space for 10 min, when come back the car was clamped. Is it anyway to appeal and get my money back because i am resident there?
    Thanx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Is it pay and display area? Do you have a parking permit?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pavelpro

No its not P&D every apartment have marked space with number

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭badbrian

I would guess no on the assumption that the clamping operation is sub-contracted. What company is ever going to give you back money, assuming of course you were illegally parked.

Will it change situation if at the time when i arrive it was another car parked at my space and till i went home to call them they clamp me and another car dissapeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,559 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Doubt any company clamping on a sunday morning will reimburse you. Tis a bit sneaky if it was just the ten minutes

• Advertisement

It took them 10min to clamp me and 2 hours to declamp.... the thing it is closed estate and i am paying service charges and we have only 3 guests parking spaces for 250 apartments which always occupied...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

pavelpro: can you give some more information on what you mean by "common area"? Was the area marked that you were not allowed to park there, or was it blocking an entrance? Also, it may be worth asking them what's the procedure if someone is parked in your space?

If you need to ring them, and this situation happens often, getting a cheap mobile phone €39 pre-paid mobile phone may be usefull to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭confuzed

I am afriad OP,

It doesn't matter if you live there or not. You are supposed to park in designated area. In case some one else has parked at your place, you have to call them and tell your situation. In that case they will take care of the matter. You can find clamping/declamping number at all parking areas.

But it's very unlucky to get caught with in 10 mts. Bad days!! that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

Applewood Village in Swords is seeing a new wave of clamping on a Sunday morning. Yesterday morning the clamper was hitting every car in sight with scant regard. The signs in relation to parking are very vague and most of the parking round the shops is designated 'customer parking' Could somebody clarify if this area is Pay and display 7 days a week, is parking free for customers of the shops in that area and note to anyone parking there visiting friends in the area!

Advertisement