Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RESTRICTED LIST QUESTIONS YOU WOULD LIKE TO ASK THE DoJ.... post 'em here...

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,356 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

If I chamber a rd in my S/A rimfire and then load a full 10rd mag, am I in breach of the law?

It wouldn't matter if you chamber one or not.
    If a gun can hold 11 rounds, it is restricted. Regardless of weither you put 10 or 11 in. Same for shotguns,
    But it should be clarified

Actualy, for rifles its mag capacity, not total capacity, thanks Sandy

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Sandy22

If I chamber a rd in my S/A rimfire and then load a full 10rd mag, am I in breach of the law?

No. The clause says "..with a magazine having a capacity of not more than 10 rounds." If it's full with 10 rounds it isn't restricted.

I imagine they're frightened of 10/22's with banana magazines, but it's a stupid provision IMO, as it restricts large numbers of traditional "harmless" sporting .22's with tubular magazines. Also AFAICMO it doesn't apply to hi-power rifles, so Grandad's ancient BSA Sportsman Fifteen is restricted while a 20-shot 7mm Magnum bolt gun, if such a thing exists, isn't. As the Americans would say, go figure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

So the Remington 597 .22lr SA is now restricted? That is a worrying development.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Sandy22

Bond-007 wrote: »
    So the Remington 597 .22lr SA is now restricted? That is a worrying development.

No it isn't, as long as you use the standard 10-shot magazine.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

ok, I will try and collate these questions over the next few days (unless someone wants to help!! :) ). Then I'll ask my contact to see if he can get answers to them.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I'm on easter break now DeV, so I can give a hand if you like?

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Here are the questions that I spotted being asked, roughly collated according to topic. I've edited some of them to make sense when taken out of the context of their post (and to correct spelling and remove internet jargon) but I've tried to keep them accurate to their original forms. Some of them fall outside the scope of DeVore's original spec, I'll let him do the trimming on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

IRLConor wrote: »
    Here are the questions that I spotted being asked, roughly collated according to topic. I've edited some of them to make sense when taken out of the context of their post (and to correct spelling and remove internet jargon) but I've tried to keep them accurate to their original forms. Some of them fall outside the scope of DeVore's original spec, I'll let him do the trimming on that.

Nicely done and thank you

Vegeta wrote: »
    Nicely done and thank you

Thanks, it was easier than it looked. :)

IRLConor wrote: »
    Thanks, it was easier than it looked. :)

You?? Using word??

You will be buying vista soon.... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

OpenOffice can export word too Zara :p

You?? Using word??

Nope. Guess again.*
    You will be buying vista soon.... :pac:

Not a hope until it stabilises properly. Even then, I'm not sure.

* Hint: you don't need MS Word to produce MS Word documents.

Open Office? I am pretty sure you can't tex it..

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Open Office?
    Well, the mac version for Conor
    I am pretty sure you can't tex it..
    http://www.tex2word.com/
    In fact, tex is so good, you can now use it in word : http://elevatorlady.ca/ and http://latexinword.sourceforge.net/
    So there :p:D
    (By the way, not only are we all exposing our geekiness in an embarressing fashion, this really isn't the thread to do it in...)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Thanks for including my question, would be worth adding in that the vast majority of the antiques in question are in fact over the calibre limit if it applies to them. (to avoid getting a stupid answer).

Well, if DeVore hasn't sent it off already, here's an updated version with that clarification added.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 aspects

They'll never take me alive

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Sorry I was out of action all week. Many thanks IRLConor!

DeV.

DeVore wrote: »
    Sorry I was out of action all week. Many thanks IRLConor!

You're welcome. Hope it was nothing serious.

Advertisement