Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going back to college- so scared!

Options
  • 03-03-2008 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi y'all,

well i've applied to do a plc Health Sciences course in sept. , and maybe go on to nursing then,but i'm terrified! All the what if's keep going thro' my head, I'm afraid I won't be able for all the study , essays etc and I have to make time for my family too.

I left school 18 years ago ,I can't quite believe it ,and have been looking after my children for the last 12.So it's not as if I've even been using my brain.

I'm also v. excited though, just have to not let nerves get the better of me I suppose.It's now or never I think in my case,but am quite worried I won't be able for it.

Just wondering how other mature students have found it, is it really tough?

Comments

Hi ismiseliz, I've to things to say - one of them is congrats at deciding on returning to education, and secondly that you should have a look at this thread since it has some people commenting on their experiences.

Good luck with it :)

Dónal

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

It can be daunting, but as you say, it can also be exciting. I went back 21 years after doing the leaving and fitted in straight away.

My advice is go for it.

Trust me, I've been there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ismiseliz

Thanks guys,really am looking forward to it, a chance to use my brain again;)

Advertisement