Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Album of the Week #29 - Iron Maiden - Killers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Great album. Very underated, especially the lesser known tracks.

Stands up very well to listens nowadays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,635 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Delighted this got AoTW!

The obvious choice for 'best Iron Maiden album' would have been Number Of The beast, but I voted for Killers because it is seriously underrated and often gets overlooked because it was from the pre-Dickenson era. It has some amazing songs on it and was Adrian Smith's debut.

Genghis Khan is possibly the craziest instrumental metal song I have ever heard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Hmmmm...

As someone who would consider Iron Maiden to be my favourite band I don't consider this to be a great Iron Maiden album at all. The debut is a classic, as are '...Beast' & 'Piece of Mind', but for the earlier work Killers would be my least favourite.

There are some cracking songs on it: Killers, Prodigal Son, Drifter & Murders in The Rue Morgue, but then there's an awful lot of tracks that just don't cut it for me (Innocent Exile, Pugatory & I'm pretty much fed up with hearing 'Wrathchild' done live).

A couple of things about this album set the tone for greater success in the 1980's though. First of all, Adrian Smith joined the band (and his return in 1999 was just as important as Bruce Dickinson's). Secondly they forged a creative partnership with Martin Birch.

Right enough, if I'm ever asked 'what Iron Maiden albums should I get' I usually tell people to get the first 4 albums...

Still, nice to see Maiden finally get an AoTW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Poor choice from a once great band. Beast ,Piece, Powerslave, Live after death.. now that's quality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Brilliant album, I love it. I've heard Steve Harris mention it as one of Maiden's top three albums

Some songs on it are better with Bruce though I think, like Murders in The Rue Morgue and Wrathchild

Killers:

Drifter:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Advertisement