Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vista Ram question

• 03-03-2008 4:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭

Hi, I just got a new Dell computer with 4GB ram 4096MB 667MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [4x1024]

However, Windows Vista Home says I only have 3326 MB ram when I click on My Computer Properties

Why is this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Short answer: 32-bit systems can only address a total of 4GB, including the memory from your BIOS, graphics card etc.

You'll need to go 64-bit to use all of the 4GB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Common problem - I've seen some servers with 32-bit operating systems get 4Gb usable, while others can only see 3.25Gb. A lot depends on the hardware, and what the graphics card etc has grabbed for itself.

Advertisement