Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liquor License

Options
  • 03-03-2008 4:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi, I'm looking to purchase a liquor license....Would anyone be able to help??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Ritzer wrote: »
    Hi, I'm looking to purchase a liquor license....Would anyone be able to help??

+1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Ritzer

+1????Yes I am looking for 1 license

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I'm just looking for some liquor. Yum yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

You need to apply by filling up appropriate form from your local Custom & Excise Office. Tax affairs must be also up to date i.e. get a tax clearance certificate from the Revenue Commissioners. There are also other supporting documents required depending whether if you are a sole trader or a company.

When you get the licence, make sure us get invited for free pint! :D

Marty

Marty

I have searched the web for a whole day yesterday without any luck of finding these forms on the net.

I understand you fill in the appropriate forms together with the tax clearance certificate and then the court will grant the licence and the revenue will issue it.

I understand that you must apply every Setpember for a liquor licence but again I cant find information in relation to the costs involved in the intial application and subsquent renewals.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Dabko

in order to get a liquor on-licence (ie, a pub licence) go to your solicitor. They can source these licences that are for sale. Pretty sure the government no longer issues new licences, you have to transfer one. Oh, and a suitcase with 185,000.00 euros. Thats what they cost(ish)!

I am thinking about an Intoxication Liquor Licence for an off licence.

So step one is to go to the solicitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

The cost would be excise duty normally based on the annual turnover of the business to which the licence relates, less the turnover arising from excluded business activity during the same period.

I don't have the forms or copy of them handy in my hand as I am away from office but the duty rate is the range between €250 to €3,805 based on the above turnover. I think the €3,805 duty applies to turnover exceeding €1.27m. All these details are available at the back of the form. Mind you, it's only a two page form.

Update: Ooooooops, the above only apply on spirits retailers “on” licences.

Marty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Dabko

kluivert wrote: »
    I am thinking about an Intoxication Liquor Licence for an off licence.

So step one is to go to the solicitor.

Go see your solicitor for an off-licence too. I do know they are expensive things too. Maybe not as much as an on-licence but 100k+(ish)!
    Best of luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭tippbhoy

on or off trade is essentially the same licence just for different authorised use. The going rate at the minute is about €170,000. You need to get the sale authorised through the courts so your solicitor is probably the best starting point.

• Advertisement
Advertisement