Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

another game show/podcast

Options
  • 03-03-2008 5:08pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭

hi guys,
    erm myself and an another are making a podcast and a show and its going live later today unfortunately we are still waiting on our production camera, so the show is set back right now all i have is a link to the mp3 of our podcast the site will be up properly later, the podcast is basically an hour long, tackles a few little subjects a few previews some general chat about a couple of things, if anyone wants to listen this is the mp3 link

http://www.citizengame.co.uk/podcast/CitizenGamePodcast-030208.mp3

and i'll post again later when the site is up properly,

thanks and feel free to lambaste us and the show, we have the confidence and belief that we can make a good show with interesting content, done in a way different to the nonsense we as gamers have been subjected to over the years, but to do this we will of course need help and views from the community,

so hopefully enjoy it and either way let us know what you think, what was good and where you think it falls down, and the show will be up once we have the equipment to really make it to the standard viewers deserve,

thanks again guys. :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Good idea. Perhaps an IRC channel for interaction with listeners?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

absolutely would be phenomenal, i reckon at the moment our hands are a little bit tied by ourselves we wanted to make it to the highest quality so we are actually making it in a radio station here in waterford, so the problem is we arent live we will be sweeping a few places each week though for topics that people care about and for me boards is the one place where i'll be gearing the show most towards, also the gamespot community and hopefully our own little community in the near future, and hopefully kenny 5 we can in the future maybe get things going in the route of a live show so their can be interaction, it would make for a better show.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Good debut.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Ok - first things first - the Pros: I often listen to some of the 1up podcasts, and to a lesser extent others, such as Joystiq and IGN - this podcast from first impressions is heading for that kind of level (actually since Luke left 1up thsi has the potential to be much funnier). Which translates to me wanting to listen to it every week. I laughed out loud on several occasions. Generally I found it funny, great topic ideas (good mix), some good insight etc.

Some constructive criticism (as I know you want to hear this). The first two topics (Street Fighter IV & Mirror's Edge), it was a bit obvious that Denis wasn't particularly familiar with them. This is fine - but you might as well say - I don't know much about this - and the other person who is more familiar should kind of take the lead. Or in other words role reversal for that part. Denis asks the questions of Danny etc etc.
    When the material was more familiar - the level of discourse went up.
    Ok, so there were a few minor technical issues - which you mentioned on your site. Maybe Denis moving away from the mic at a few points as well - leading to him kind of trailing off a little.

That's more or less it on the negatives. I really did enjoy it. Look forward to the next one.

Advertisement