Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good video

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

Thought that video was really good, thanks for the link Phil!
    It maddens me to think people who post up video's of people pretending to stutter is sickening and shouldn't be classed as comedy. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 31 "V"

Yea deadly video cheers for posting it Big Phil, And yea Stephen i totally agree with you about fools pretending to stammer for cheap laughs but it seems to be an acceptable thing to do, Has any one heard them muppets that do the breakfast show on 2fm doing a "comedy sketch" about a lad with a stammer ringing up hotels and the likes trying to book room etc. Apart from being bad taste their just not funny, Saying this there is one exception and this is Micheal Palin in the Life of Brain which is very well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

I think when they portray a person who stutters in a film as long as its done in good taste thats fine. Would 2FM find it funny if they ripped the pi$$ out of a person with downs syndrome? I wonder would it be worth emailing 2FM to ask them to stop?? I haven't heard it so I can't really comment much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭BigPhil

No problem guys :) (Btw sorry that I couldn't embed the video, I don't know what went wrong :confused:).

I never listen to the radio so I didn't know about that 2FM segment but I have to say that I am totally disgusted that stuttering is still made fun of in this day and age! :mad: Peoples lives have been ruined because of it, would they make comedy sketches about suicidal people with depression? I don't think so! Bloody idiots!

As for the video clip, I think that man conveyed what it is like to stammer perfectly. He doesn't stammer that much actually, but when he does it is very noticeable and IMO that leaves a lasting impression (useally negitive) on most people unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 "V"

I found them sketchs on the Colm and Jim-Jims homepage on the 2fm web-site you can get them on there Pod casts they are near the end of the list, Its actually PJ Gallagher who does the phone call's , I didnt really want to set up a link, but you should find them handy enuf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭sadie9

I've never been able to stick Brendan Grace because he has that stupid sketch about a guy that has a stammer. I'd imagine he's till doing it because he's devoid of talent and has a limited range to say the least...Just thought I'd get that off my chest.

Advertisement