Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just finished Bioshock...

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Haha, brilliant :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Ruffty^ wrote: »

Bioshock will be forgotten the minute you finish it, will crysis? will cod4? will frontline? will ut3?

I just finished it there and I don't think I will forget it. Never forgot about Deus Ex,my favourite game ever and yet a multiplayer was lacking. Did that mean I only got 12 hours or so out of it?NO. Like Bioshock, Deus Ex had a great thing called replay value which meant I went back to it over and over again.

As for the game, I really didn't think it was as easy as everybody was saying, thought it was just right. Each Big Daddy evolution was a big challenge and although the bosses were in general piss easy, it's much better than the last boss being impossible and you missing out on the ending.

Could anybody link me to the original thread? Have searched but to no avail. I will give you some of those new thanks points

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

i'm sorry to play devils advocate, but I also did not like Bioshock, and I like a story driven game the same as most (I just completed Penumbra: Black Plague which is a first person game based solely on story)

There is no replayability to Bioshock, I have no want to use different plasmid combos on badguys that never change. They got it wrong by making it too easy to play the game *cough* shock, wrench, repeat *cough* Sure you can make up weird and wonderful ways of killing the baddies, but why? Your just making it difficult for yourself, rather than it actually being difficult.

Sure they didn't need to offer multiplayer support, but it would of added so much to the game if they did. Plasmids and Big daddies that you could control would of been excellent in multiplayer.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

L31mr0d what was Penumbra: Black Plague like.... is it worth playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Azza wrote: »
    L31mr0d what was Penumbra: Black Plague like.... is it worth playing?

yeah, I mean you have no weapons in it, you simply wake up in a room and have to figure out whats going on and how you got there. Its amazing how much more scary a game can be when something runs at you from the darkness when you have nothing to defend yourself with. There was a previous game released before this one but you don't need to of played it to understand this one. I liked it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,607 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, it's ok not to like a game, and at least you gave a cogent argument as to what you didn't like, better than blind, ill advised comments showing ones ignorance in the wide ranging statements one utters, not thinking of anyone in particular.

I loved Half Life more than HL2 by the way, found episode one a bit boring to be honest.
    Loved Goldeneye though, never played multiplayer though.
    Halo 2 on legendary was pretty special too, as was Halo3.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

i have and im sure you have brilliant multiplayer fps games, like CS, CS:S, team fortress 2, any COD or battlefield, why would they bother tagging on multiplayer to this game. it's completely stupid, games dont need to have slapped on multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

L31mr0d wrote: »
    yeah, I mean you have no weapons in it, you simply wake up in a room and have to figure out whats going on and how you got there. Its amazing how much more scary a game can be when something runs at you from the darkness when you have nothing to defend yourself with. There was a previous game released before this one but you don't need to of played it to understand this one. I liked it anyway.

I am currently playing through Penumbra: Overture. Is it more of the same with Black Plague or did you play Overture? I know that Overture is supposed to end on somewhat of a cliffhanger and Black plague finishes the story. But I'm still not sure whether to bother getting Black Plague.

Advertisement